Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_595680368

LOL - What We Have An Issue With In Decor

Gizmo
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

.Pic caption:

Totally fabulous girl’s room, but I’m not crazy about the Indian print carpet- the color’s perfect, but the design doesn’t seem to fit.

Kudos to going for it though

Comments (49)

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

Wow. That's trippin'.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

Wozers!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

I need to sit down.

• Fori
    3 years ago

This is in the Amityville horror house, right?

I wouldn't mind this in a kid's room if the colors were nicer. And yep, the rug is simply wrong.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Whew...I’ll have to go ask Alice

about this one...

She‘s out chasing rabbits right now.

• User
    3 years ago

Is this what vertigofeels like??

• Jessica
    3 years ago

Yikes! The irony is that the ceiling would make a cool rug with a quiet wall color.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 years ago

Good point, Jessica!

Super trippy for sure - hope it doesn't cause nightmares, or any lasting damage to the child's psyche...

• Gooster
    3 years ago

It's a bit like being in a pointillism painting, but really up close. I think it may have worked better with more white space, to dial it down, or closer slashes. My eyes keep wanting to form objects.

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
    3 years ago

It's growing on me; I do like it, and am not upset by the rug.

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

I do think the rug totally works here.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Your worried about the rug😂‼️

• olychick
    3 years ago

Do you think that is wallpaper or paint? I'm assuming wallpaper and kudos to the wallpaper hanger. Can you imagine? Or maybe you wouldn't notice any mistakes?

It's the bedskirt that's the outlier for me. I like the rug with the wallpaper ok, but the bedskirt next to the rug hurts my eyes. Well, what's left of them after looking at the walls and ceiling.

• jewelisfabulous
    3 years ago

That would not be the walls/ceiling I'd want to stare at if I was sick. It'd totally make it worse.

• tedbixby
    3 years ago

Umm, it's the too girly furniture and bedding that doesn't work with the walls & ceiling. Fix that and then we'll talk about the rug.

• LynnNM
    3 years ago

OMG . . . feels like falling down some trippy rabbit hole- Ugh!!!

• Indigo Rose
    3 years ago

Clown barf.

• Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

I find myself laughing at the plain bedspread and skirt, like that will calm things down.

• 3katz4me
    3 years ago

Ouch!!

• jojoco
    3 years ago

Teens have enough stress ...

• pudgeder
    3 years ago

Clown barf.

bwhahaaaahahahahaaaa!!

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Like looking through a kaleidoscope.

• kculbers
    3 years ago

I love all the comments❣️When I showed the picture to my hubby we could not stop laughing. He said someone was on a hallucinogenic when they decorated.

• nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

i think it’s designed to instill responsible drinking. After waking up in that room, hungover, the resident teen will be scared out of her mind to repeat the experience.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

This looks like it was shot with a telephoto lens to exaggerate the effect of the wallpaper. I actually like the bedding very much; nice and tailored, neatly made bed!

• Shawna Hays
    3 years ago

I really like that rug

• Jackie Kemper
    3 years ago

How utterly fun!

• tedbixby
    3 years ago

Dream Bath - Bradshaw Designs · More Info

• Sammy
    3 years ago

All the choices work beautifully together.

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

I love the wall covering in that bath.

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

I feel so retro! When I was a kid, my parents redid my bedroom. It had plaster walls, and believe it or not, old linoleum flooring that was peeled away in some spots to reveal a ratty old pine floor. Back then wallpaper was everywhere and shag carpeting the rage. I remember fighting with my mom about how "psychedelic" to go. I wanted big and bold with big color contrast. Mom said I would soon tire of it, kept encouraging me to go with something smaller and more muted. In the end, I sort of won out. Dark purple plush carpet and wallpaper with giant pink zinnias. Known now as "mod floral," a look I still love . . . in small doses. Not on the ceiling though, and since the ceilings were so tall, Dad and Mom carefully trimmed the wallpaper so I could have about a foot of a border at the top of the wall, toning down the height. The compromise.

I didn't tire of it during my youth living there, but at some point while my parents still owned the house, it became a museum to the aesthetics of the late 60s early 70s. Some friends came to visit once and stayed with my parents, and kept making many of the same comments I see here about my old bedroom. Soon after, my Mom re-papered it in an old style victorian small floral print, more in keeping with the era of the house when first built. The thinking of the time was that wallpaper was good because it covered up cracks in the plaster walls that popped up as the house settled. That is until they cracked again and the paper tore . . .

I love the carpet. I think the room is just a smidge over the top, but not by much. Youthful exuberance! I might have painted just the top of the ceiling, the flat part, to match the color of the rug just a bit lighter. Or in white.

• Rachel Hamilton
    3 years ago

My kid ain't playing with that kid.

• barncatz
    3 years ago

I love the wallpaper but don't know why. BTW, have I shared this photo of our new rug in our loft reading nook?

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

I would feel sick looking at it as a kid as I was a bad case of motion sickness, etc..and actually every time I try to open the thread and look I have a bout of dizziness and need to close again. Really makes me unwell. Very fun, but for somebody with immaculate brain workings..

I love wallpaper, generally speaking,, and I have fun memories of it, as when we got our own apartment when I was ten, it was all wallpapered by my Grandma, very tastefully if I say so myself. and was fun to look at. but didn't make me dizzy and sick

Actually I can't even look at the other elements of the room properly because I don't have them better brain workings..lol

• woodrose
    3 years ago

I agree with aprilneverends, that wallpaper makes me dizzy and nauseous, too. I can't even look at it without my stomach flipping. I think if they got rid of the wallpaper everything else in the room would work, although I'm not crazy about the rug either.

• Gizmo
    Original Author
    3 years ago

tedbixby

19 hours ago

Umm, it's the too girly furniture and bedding that doesn't work with the walls & ceiling. Fix that and then we'll talk about the rug.

****************************************************************************

It is a kid's bdrm

Back when. my teen female cousin had bdrm wallpapered w/the word 'love' (small point) spelled out in multi-colors on all 4 walls floor to 11ft ceiling

My aunt "Well, I don't have to sleep in here"

Props to her letting my cousin have it

• Gizmo
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Some other pics:

Home is in NJ

• Gizmo
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Gizmo
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    3 years ago

Love the rug; love it with pink; and I could like the wallpaper, if it were only behind the bed.

Hey, it’s better that a huge poster of a drugged out rock star.

• Gizmo
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    3 years ago

I like the bedroom more than I like the art in the dining room!

• pudgeder
    3 years ago

My eyes don't know where to "not" look.

• barncatz
    3 years ago

I like a few of those rooms and love the exterior. The bedroom itself is really darling - those windows and the ceiling shape. I've been reading a lot of novels set in Cornwall houses lately, and the bedroom itself would fit right in.

• tedbixby
    3 years ago

If the kid picked out the wallpaper, good for her as her creativity hasn't been squashed by others and kudos to the mom for letting her even though it isn't everyone's cup of tea. And I'm guessing later in life the kid will have fond and fun memories or at least a story to tell about this room- whether good or bad. And who knows, she may be one of our future great artist!

• chinacatpeekin
    3 years ago

I like the first bedroom far more than any other room shown here.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

That is truly a bad trip, and the rug is in the wrong room.

• Lars
    3 years ago

I disagree with the photo caption; I think the color in the rug is not perfect.

I love the leopard pattern carpet on the stairs - that is my favorite thing in that house, but I generally do like the house and what they've done with it.

What I like about the wallpaper in the girl's bedroom is that the pattern repeat is not immediately obvious. I also think that it encourages the occupant to close her eyes.

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

I take it Judy is not a rocker at heart.