Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ack1971

Anyone used metroquartz? Specifically the Luce collection...

ack1971
3 years ago

I don't see a shred of information about metroquartz, anyone have any experience with it?

Love the new Luce collection and wondering if anyone else has used it.

Comments (59)

• annecyle
    2 years ago

Hi Amy,

Oh wow congrats and how exciting!

I believe This quartz is also stocked by our Local Supplier/fabricator here in Louisville.. I still don’t have per sq ft price our designer is doing some tweaks but I am hoping its doable.

We have a north facing kitchen so the warmth is what I need… I have bm dove as one option. I love Shoji white with it as well but it greys out in our space…

I would love to see photos when your counters are installed.

Thanks for responding!

Shaun

• Amy Wilson
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Absolutely! oh Benjamin Moore Dove would be beautiful with Luce Oro! this quartz has that warm creamy background with gray and gold veins that just goes with so many color options.

Good luck on all of your selections, it is sometimes overwhelming. i will post a picture of the installed Luce Oro soon!! I picked an Ash Gray quartz by MSI for the perimeter countertops which helped make the Quartz total a bit less expensive. I like the mixed look, others like one surface… totally get it! Happy Designing!!

• annecyle
    2 years ago

Ash grey sounds gorgeous too!

What wall color did you choose?

• Amy Wilson
    2 years ago

Ash gray is a very warm gray so went with Agreeable Gray walls by Sherwin Williams.

• auntiemomog
    2 years ago

Amy! How do you like MetroQuartz Luce Oro??? I have BM Dove White cabinets, BM Newburyport Blue island. I love this quartz… it is currently out of stock at the wholesaler… they expect shipment at the end of May. I am on a waiting list. It would be wonderful to hear what you have experienced so far.

• Amy Wilson
    2 years ago
    last modified: last year

@auntiemomog Yes!! Our Luce Oro just got installed! Our backsplash is not even in yet and I love it! 🥰

• annecyle
    last year

Amy its Gorgeous!

• Mya
    last year

What color backspash did you use with the Luce Oro?

• Amy Wilson
    last year

@Mya i went with Masia blanco subway tile (looks wavy like handmade tile) with warm gray grout. but my perimeter countertop is Ash gray, only my island is luce oro. Here is a picture with the kitchen almost done. i took this in the evening, so picture is a tad dark and hard to see the countertops very well.

• Mya
    last year

Thank you for sharing the photo. Looks beautiful!

• Amy Wilson
    last year

You’re welcome, thank you!!

• Jose marquez
    last year

Hey amy i am currently looking into using this same quartz. What is a rough price per sqft ?

• Amy Wilson
    last year

I do not have the pricing per sq ft as we were only invoiced the amount we went over from the standard countertop selection our builder had in our contract. Sorry, I could not be of more help on this one.

• aliday7
    last year

Beautiful kitchen Amy! Can you describe the color of the veining in the Luce Oro? Is it just grey or is there taupe in there too?

• Amy Wilson
    last year

Thank you aliday7! it is both gray and warm biege veining… goes with everything!!

• aliday7
    last year

Perfect! That’s what I’m looking for. Thank you!

• Amy Wilson
    last year

You are very welcome!! you will not be dissappointed! 😉

• Bridget Zorn
    last year

Amy, your kitchen is gorgeous! We just selected Luce Oro from a 12x12 sample, so I appreciate the pictures & dialogue. When faced with samples, our eyes went straight to this option. The price scared us, but we continued to gravitate towards it. Your photos are holding my confidence high. We hope to see install within a month.

• Amy Wilson
    last year

@Bridget Zorn you will not regret it! Yes, a bit pricey but will last you a lifetime. I feel like the bigger dramatic veins that are 'on trend' in many quartz may not last, but this natural and subtle veining in the Luce Oro is ON POINT, classic and timeless. Takes my breath away every time I walk into my kitchen... ENJOY! Great Choice... Please post a pic when installed, would love to see it! :)

• Bridget Zorn
    last year

We finally got ours installed. We love it.

The veining is gorgeous. From the other room, the counters just look white, but in the kitchen, you can definitely appreciate it!

• Amy Wilson
    last year

Absolutely STUNNING!!! I love the cabinet color with it, you did an outstanding job with your selections!

• Mecca Morgan
    last year

This is gorgeous!! I love everything about it! I’m considering putting in the same countertop but on cabinets similar to that flooring. Don’t think it’ll look quite this good on brown cabinets but I’m not ready to paint them yet. Still I think it’ll look good.

• Amy Wilson
    last year

I am in love with this countertop! a timeless choice for any color cabinet.

• April Medina
    last year

We just had compac/metroquartz Macchia Vecchia installed and its just gorgeous!

• Susan Pitlik
    last year

Thanks for all the pictures. You all just solidified my choice.

• HU-421670556
    last year

Would you all say Luce Oro would go with black accents? i thought the veining did and was a dark gray/black. My daughter thought it was brown.

Looks beautiful in your kitchens!

• Regina Yaros
    last year

We're getting Luce Oro in our new build March 2023 and I have had second guesses about it. so I'm glad I found this post and your pics. It looks beautiful. My only dilemma is trying to match it up to a white subway tile. It definitely has a more creamy tone to it. We're putting it in our Master Bathroom as well and had to find a gray tile for above the tub to complement it since it runs the length of one vanity and ends at the tub wall. But I think what we found will work. Just a little disappointed that its not as white as I was hoping. But it was the first one I loved and after looking extensively, kept going back to it. Bottom line, if you're wanting bright white, it's not for you.

• Jose marquez
    last year

Regina here is our build with luce oro

• Amy Wilson
    last year

@Regina Yaros. You do make a great point. It is a creamy off white (warmer whites are coming back, YAY) so a white tiled complimentary backsplash could

be difficult to match. This is actually one of the reasons I went with a gray quartz perimeter and only installed Luce Oro on my island, so I could easily get away with the white subway backsplash against the gray quartz.

• Diana Andrews
    last year

How has your metro quartz held up? Any staining or chipping? Thx!

• Mya
    last year

No staining or chipping. It's been great!

• Amy Wilson
    last year

@Diana Andrews no staining or chipping on ours as well!

• Jose marquez
    last year

@Diana Andrews the Luce Oro has been great to us since September of last year! We cook everyday! We have got marinera, home made mexican hot sauces, etc on it and has always cleaned up! No chips or cracks eitherwe.

• amandakm_83
    last year

@Jose marquez and @Amy Wilson what color paint did you go with for your white cabinets?

• amandakm_83
    last year

@Regina Yaros what color cabinets did you decide to go with? We are planning to stain our island and venthood cover. However, we're stumped on what color to do the rest of the cabinets. We are going with SW Accessible Beige for the rest of the walls.

• Amy Wilson
    last year

@amandakm_83 we went with Sherwin Williams West Highland White for our White Cabinets and trim. It is a warmer white without reading yellow, we absolutely love it! It is warm, though and not for everyone.... good luck on your selections :)

• Jose marquez
    last year

@amandakm_83 we went with White Dove by Benjamin Moore

• smere
    last year

@Jose marquez what is you tile backsplash?

• Lisa H
    last year

In your opinionunion, will Luce Oro match shaker gray lower and white upper cabinets? Im nervous, but Ive had 2 designers recommend Any thoughts?

• Amy Wilson
    last year

100%! It would be a beautiful combination! And if you have wood tones in your kitchen or wood flooring, the Luce Oro would tie the gray and wood together perfectly! :)

• Kelly P
    last year

We will be installing Luce Oro in our new kitchen. If you have Luce Oro, what did you go with for a backsplash? My kitchen cabinets are gray/morel and island straw stain.

• amandakm_83
    last year

We are using it as our backsplash also.

• Lisa H
    last year

Thank you!! Its so hard to tell from a small sample & we dont live close enough to see it in person. The sample looks murky but the online pictures look more white. i also considered Luce Claro— back background looks gray in the sample but MetroQuartz site says the background is bright white. Such a big decision! Thanks for the help!

• HU-975300906
    3 months ago

I am very close to buying Luce Oro for my countertops. Most comments are 1-2 years old. How has its heat and stain resistance in this amount of time? It looks so beautiful in the pictures and in the slab. Thank you for your honesty.

• kellygus
    3 months ago

We installed MetroQuartz Luce Oro in May 2023 its beautiful, and weve had no staining, even with a child who dows ALOT of crafting and art. Everything, including green food dye, has come with Barkeepers Friend I can’t speak to its heat resistance because I havent really tested it

• Amy Wilson
    3 months ago

Same as kellygus. We installed our MetroQuartz Luce Oro in May of 2022. Everything wipes clean, all spills, vinegar, red wine, tomato sauce… etc. I also use pads under hot dishes, so have not tested heat tolerance.

• Carrie Gordon
    2 months ago

Can anyone tell me if the background color is a bit dingy white? The sample doesn't look warm and crispl . Rather drab and dingy.... help please.

• Amy Wilson
    2 months ago

I would say the background white in this quartz has a tad gray undertone and not yellow, if that is what you mean by dingy?? I have warm white “west highland white” cabinets and it works well together. Hope this helps.

• kellygus
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I am attaching 3 pictures of our Luce Oro in our kitchen. It's a warm white; not crisp white. I don't think it's dingy or muddy, though. It's like a warm, winter white or a muted/grainy softer white. My cabinets are snowbound and the walls are SW Drift of Mist, for reference.