Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tazbom

Help in blending contemporary and traditional styles in bath remodel?

Michael G
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am trying to find bathroom vanity cabinet pulls, towel bar and toilet paper holder, and other pieces that will complement this Delta Stryke wall mounted faucet, a cabinet like this and other pictured components. Please give me guidance here. I want a timeless, refined look on a darker wood cabinet that would be a take on a mid-century cabinet. The room will need to be a blend of contemporary and traditional to balance our personal preferences. We already have the faucet, light, medicine cabinet, toilet, tile, and shower door. Any help that you can offer is very much appreciated!

Comments (9)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago

That is not a particularly "modern" or mid century faucet. Show the vanity

• Michael G
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The cabinet would look something like this, but with vertical legs. The shower with vertical 3x12 subway wall tile and carrara marble herringbone floor tile are shown in the second photo. In the third photo the mirrored medicine cabinet and light are shown above the spot the vanity will take. The fourth photo shows the pull i am thinking of for the drawers. Also included are the dimensions of the pull we are considering. Our thought is that whilr being somewhat different, some of the design characteristics are reminiscent of and complementary to faucet handles. Thoughts?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago

I guess I don't really understand the why of the faucet. : ) It looks heavy, and a bit traditional as well.

Compare below.................

Sorry, I think just doesn't feel right- needs more like the first below.

and definitely too heavy / curvy for your inspo.....you med cab. as well.

• Michael G
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Jan, thank you. The faucet was chosen because it was the cleanest one that my wife liked. She was not comfortable going as far as I was in having a clean, contemporary look so it had to be a compromise. I was looking for a faucet more reminiscent of what you shared, but she did not want that. If you or anyone else has an opinion on the pulls or a towel bar and toilet paper holder or complimentary pieces, please share. This is beyond my education . Again, thank you.

• Michael G
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your opinion, Kariyava!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago

Perhaps......................explanation to the Mrs: . that it is quite possible to love a single thing all alone, and detest in a context of / with something else already chosen. Everything exists in context, and nothing "lives" in isolation : )

Or same reason you don't wear flip flops with the tuxedo...to the wedding lol Or the tuxedo to the beach.

• Michael G
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Jan, thank you, but there are certain things we need to remain committed to ar this point as I value the relationship with my wife far more than I value the final bathroom design (and I highly value thoughtful design). If you or anyone else ha any further advice that would be helpful it would be so very much appreciated. I very much respect your expertise here and would be honored to receive it as we try to make this bathroom remodel the best it can be.

• Augusta Byron
    2 years ago

Agree with Jan that faucet looks clunky and dated.

FYI: Perhaps the look you are going for is called "transitional"? Somewhere between modern and traditional. You can search for faucets using that word. Good luck!

Michael G thanked Augusta Byron