Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_155113078

Which countertop goes best with my honey oak cabinets?

Michelle Foster
2 years ago

I am looking at LG clarino quartz (lightest) nocturne (black) or Talus (In between). i have four teens and dont want to constantly worry about the state of my countertops. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks

Clarino

Nocturne

Talus

Comments (25)

• pearl1976
    2 years ago

Check out LG Soprano quart it is similar to the Clarino and I think goes better with your oak .

• eld6161
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

My thought is to enhance what you have. When keeping the oak, my favorite combination is this:

Black granite counter with a white backsplash.

You can’t turn your kitchen into something it isn’t by adding a counter.

I actually really prefer white ceramic subway tiles, but don’t have time to google.

But, you get the idea.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    2 years ago

I really like the Carino (lightest) with your cabinets. I love a good black countertop, but I think with honey oak it looks dated.

• G
    2 years ago

Here is Cambria Colton with honey oak.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    2 years ago

What I like about the Carino is it has warmth to it which coordinates nicely with the warmth of the cabinets.

• Holly- Kay
    2 years ago

Oh my, that first choice looks absolutely perfect, so I would probaly do that one but I love he black granite like eld6161 posted. you can’t go wrong with either one.

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

the other things like appliances... floor..presence of windows and light....etc. Either the light or dark will work. What else is going on? The nocturne has a certain draw and with that in mind I would probably look at one of the darker granite selections that you can find in your area and check out a leathered finish.

• Dyan Weis
    2 years ago

Our daughter just installed Formica Calacatta Cava laminate. I think it really helped! She also installed black pulls and they look great!

• MizLizzie
    2 years ago

Clarino, no question, IMHO.

• Kath
    2 years ago

1sr one

• kculbers
    2 years ago

Clarino❣️

• Michelle Foster
    Original Author
    2 years ago

For those of you who have white countertops, is it hard to keep them clean?

• kpalau
    2 years ago

clarino

• kculbers
    2 years ago

I have a white quartz countertop on my small bathroom vanity. So easy to clean with dish soap and water, very low maintenance❣️

• Elle Vi
    2 years ago

Clarino

• nicoletouk
    2 years ago

I agree with eld6161, black counters and white backsplash is a great look with natural woods. Also, change out the lighting and hardware to black or a black-ish choice.

Nicole

• elisev2
    2 years ago

Definitely the Clarino! The warmth of the counter will pick up the oak very nicely. And…if anyone ever wants to paint the oak (not what you want to think about now I know!) it will look lovely too. It’s very versatile.

• Rachele Nicole
    2 years ago

@Dyan Weis Do you know what edging your daughter chose? I am ordering that laminate today and was debating if I needed to do ideal edge or not.

• Dyan Weis
    2 years ago

I'm looking at my receipt and the edging it so complicated! My island had to be custom and it says Post Form Edges Group B/Double Round. It also says Ideal Edge underneath! I just didn't want that line around the edge and that was my priority! This receipt stinks. Sorry I don't have more info. for you.

• Dyan Weis
    2 years ago

I shouldn't have said "my island". I feel like it's my island! hahaha Yes it is our daughters. She doesn't like or care about this stuff so she asked me to help her!

• grewa002
    2 years ago

Clarion by far, in my opinion

• Dianna Burns
    2 years ago

We have honey oak cabinets and decided on Cambria Colton. Still waiting for the backsplash to be installed.

• G
    2 years ago

@Dianna burns What did you puck for the backsplash? Ours is by setticento, new yorker, matte white. It was hard to decide that is for sure.

• Dianna Burns
    2 years ago

@G We have Bedrosian Cloe in white in boxes just waiting for the contractor to install. I’m trying to be patient.🤗