Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

Differences between Lunada Bay and Sonoma glass tile?

newenglandsara2
2 years ago

Hi All,

We are trying to figure out if there are differences between Lunada Bay and Sonoma glass tile? For example, does Sonoma have more chips in the tiles or are they really the same? We looking at the Lunada Bay Agate series vs. the Sonoma Vihara series in squares. It is so hard to tell from the tiny sample boards.

Thanks!

Comments (8)

• gtdj519
    2 years ago

Hi

did you decide to use eother company?

if so, which did tou go with and what was your experience?

Im asking because i too am considering using borh companies howver, ive been reading some concerning reviews on the quality of both companies

• newenglandsara2
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hey, we did end up getting some tile from Lunada Bay. We were really happy with the tile we bought for one bath. The other tile appeared to be a seaglass green color on the sample board, but it looked brown and drab when installed: nothing like the sample board. Lunada Bay was not willing to work with us on our issue. While we did get some resolution from the tile store itself, I was not happy with the Lunada Bay customer service. It is a tough call as the tile from LB is unique and can be very pretty when it's from a good batch. We did not use Sonoma, so I can't speak to their customer service or quality control. Hope this helps a bit!

• gtdj519
    2 years ago

Imtereting a lot of what I read had to do with 2 issues primarily

1 sanoma : the colors dont kook like the samples and tiny fissure cracks in the tile after being installed that collect grout

2 lunada : colors dont match samples

sounds like yoy too experienced diffefnce if color would love to see pics if you have any. they both have beautiful tiles, so its a tough call to discount them in not seeing any orher tiles along their lines if designs ( in glass tiles anyway)

i libe the swish from sonoma and the agate from lunada

• Julie K
    last year
    last modified: last year

We used Lunada Bay Agate in our guest bathroom. While we like our floor, we don't think it looks quite as lovely as the sample board we saw at the tile store.

First two pics are the sample board displayed at the store, the last pic is our actual floor.

• Julie K
    last year

This is the sample board in our bathroom. The colors on the sample board look darker and more vibrant than what we received.

• gtdj519
    last year

Oh wow…. from the pic, the sample boards seem to have more of a copper / silver hret and white color mixed in it

what you currently have looks to be more grey/ silver/ pearl white.

i do think what you have is very pretty and will look beautiful, but if you wanted darker colors, thats not it

are you okay with it or attempitng to rectify it?

• Julie K
    last year

Hi, sorry for the late response but I just saw your post this afternoon!

You have a very good eye because that's exactly what we found disappointing because the sample board went so well with all the Douglas Fir in our bathroom and throughout our house!

We were told by our salesman that each batch is made to order and because they use recycled beer bottles the color will vary from batch to batch. :(

We remodeled our bathroom a few years ago and at the time we decided to move ahead with the installation since there's no color guarantees. YMMV.

• gtdj519
    last year

seeing the lrerty wood tomes in the space, i could see why toy would have wanted that copper color like the sample had.

on a good note, although the tile you installed doesnt have the copper color, at least the rest of it appears to be the same , and neitral enough that it still looks very pretty in the spce

but, i could understand the disappointment. sometimes its just about finding that perfect shade or tone of a color to pull it all together, and when you dond it, its a grear feeling.

ugh…. sorry that happened. so frustrating.