Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acdclosgatos

Has anyone used 2 Zline range 28.5" inserts side by side?

acdclosgatos
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Has anyone used 2 Zline range 28.5" inserts side by side? I like ZlIne but I have two 30" gas ranges side by side. ZLine does not make any 58-62" inserts that provide over 1200 CFM.

My calculations show each gas cooktop has 67,000 BTUs total.

ZLine does have a 30" range insert that has 1200CFM.

If I use two of those 30" inserts then I will have a max total of 2400 CFM which exceeds the required 1,340 CFM I need.

I have contacted the Range Hood Store & Zline for a few weeks and ZERO response.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    2 years ago

Based on your screen name, it looks like you're in Los Gatos. The Kitchen & Bath Design Center, LLC in San Jose carries them. Give them a call.

• acdclosgatos
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you I will.

I saw on another thread that the range hood should be wider than the gas cooktop. One kitchen designer stated she uses 72" range hoods for 60" gas cooktops.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/1355067/instead-of-60-range-hood-can-i-use-two-30-hoods

ProLine Range Hoods has blogs/ articles that state the range hood should be an extra 3" on each side so a 30" gas range should have a 36" range hood or at least a 34" range hood for an indoor kitchen. I have contacted them about their range hood inserts & range hoods.

• acdclosgatos
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Follow-up for those looking at two 30" side by side ranges:

Pro Line Range stated that yes I can use two inserts which ironically they are all 28" not 30". Wish their inserts were at least 29" wide to have 58" over the cooktop. ProLine Range Store stated two inserts will work safely. Their website shows a 28" range insert that provides 900 CFM, which would work perfectly since 1800 CFM exceeds what I need. What sucks is that they are back-ordered for at least 3 months.

I spoke with Appliance Leaders 2033 American Avenue, Hayward, CA 94545, US

(510) 876-5626. Sean explained that Vent-a-Hood is the ideal but that is super pricey.

Since we are becoming house poor, he said that two of the ZLine 28.5" inserts will work fine w/o voiding any warranty since I set-up the electrical for two units and I have two exhaust holes. At least I will get 57" using two ZLine inserts too.

My research shows NO 60" ZLine range hoods or inserts exceed 1200CFM, which is actually quite stupid (IMO) & really poor marketing by Zline. The Zline has lifetime and 3yr on the motor itself which is very reasonable for the price point. More people are creating outdoor kitchens &/ or indoor luxury, Kosher, "chef" kitchens etc. I see more people are using 48" plus wide gas ranges or two 30" gas ranges side by side. These kitchens need over 1200 CFM especially for outdoor kitchens.

Also a reminder: you really need a window near/ next to your gas ranges or cooktop to crack open when you use your gas cooktop for safety. The cracked window allows ventilation of fresh air into the kitchen and helps exhaust out the fumes, Carbon Monoxide, and smells through the hood exhaust from your gas cooktop.