Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (11)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    2 years ago

Probably. Sounds like fun and always good to dream!

• nekotish
    2 years ago

Wouldn't that be something?! Thanks for sharing. I've passed it along to my sister with whom I was supposed to travel to Tuscany with in 2020, then in 2021.....

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Wow. A girl can dream.

• party_music50
    2 years ago

They used to do an annual new house lottery around here to benefit Children’s Miracle Network —- tickets were $100, so they didn’t need to sell as many to reach their goal. I like that yours will become a money lottery if they don’t sell the 20k tickets! Good luck! :)

• lascatx
    2 years ago

That would be fun!

• User
    2 years ago

I tried to read the terms but cant on my phone. Do they specify exactly where the property is located? The area is too big to really assess the convenience or desirability of the house.

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

Good deal to potentially win a house. I did $50 entry for a chance at an e-bike a couple weeks back. I did not win. But only a max of around 400 tickets sold with 2 bikes in the raffle.

• yeonassky
    2 years ago

Here in BC there is a a lottery prize home by our Pacific National exhibition, PNE . The lottery winner is in the interior this time I believe. Lucky lady :-).

My mother used to buy the tickets every year and every year I think I should buy a ticket but I don't.

It reminds me of that joke where the fellow is praying for God to help him win the lottery and finally after many years of praying that God said I'll grant you your wish but you have to buy a lottery ticket! ;-).

So my advice is you have to buy a lottery ticket in order to potentially win :-).

• Lars
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

No. I am not a gambler, and the odds here are horrible. It's one thing to gamble when you have a 49% chance of winning and quite another when the odds are 1 in 14,000, at best.

If I wanted a house in Tuscany (and I do), I would sell property in California to buy it. However, I am not quite ready to move to Italy, as I have to consider health insurance issues.

• maddielee
    2 years ago

These owners are smart whippersnappers. I wonder what they paid for the property?

20,000 X $35 = $700,000.00

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

I have a few friends and colleagues who own homes abroad. I always thought that sounded so fancy. I can't imagine owning something I can't drive to. I conjure up the idea of the locals living it up there 10 months a year and then scattering when word spread we were on the way...

Good luck Jojo