Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamproject2013

pls help me choose Kitchen design help .

Pls help . Does stone gray cabinets , quartz and expresso island below go well together ? Pls guide me if I am going on the right track.. is the backsplash too busy? Hardwood on the bottom it’s mesquite hickory . Thank you all.

Comments (11)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The ship has sailed on espresso........

I'd be leery of any brand new kitchen with gray cabinetry, and the BACKSPLASH? Is not yet even a glimmer of a worry, as it can not be installed until tops are in place. Best chosen when tops are in place.

Post some inspo kitchens you love. I think you are beginning with a feel that has been done, done and over done. But it's your kitchen.

Most important ? THE LAYOUT. Post it if you dare. That is the single most important aspect and the first. Is it new build or remodel?

On any flooring? Order a couple boxes, lay it out and make certain you love.

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you Jan for your feedback , I do not have too
    Many choices , I can either pick a white or glacier gray for cabinets .. here is the pic of the kitchen layout ..

• PRO
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I had my doubts hence posting this question here .. thank you

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

maybe ...white perimeter and lighter gray island[ its a warmer gray it appears]......consider all darker bases and all white on walls [if they allow this 2 toned approach] your posted option , if you like it would work ./ I would not rule out white in the mix somehow as it is classic. Do they have ANY stained woods????

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked herbflavor
  • palimpsest
    2 years ago

If you are picking from a menu at a builder's design center, I think the backsplash is probably not a good combination with the floor, which I am assuming is throughout. My niece was able to pick something outside her builder's selections as long as the builder was able to get it at an equal to lower price than the standard offerings.

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked palimpsest
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago

I'd do the white cabs. and the gray on the island . Tile? You can do it AFTER you close and have seven billion to select from.

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you went with this white perimeter cabinets and stone gray island .

• PRO
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Help me pick the best combo with back splash please . Thanks

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

If you must select it this minute? top. Bottom will look like the bathroom floor. I think you could WAIT and do better

A backsplash doesn't drive the bus. : )

• Kathy Furt
    2 years ago

If this is a new build and she’s customiZing materials, she can’t wait to finish the backsplash after she moves in. That is not how builders work