Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

styles of jeans

Tina Marie
2 years ago

On another thread it was mentioned skinny jeans are not in style. In the recent past I believe it's been mentioned other certain styles are out. It's funny to me, because (thank you recent SueB clothing thread) I have looked at many clothing sites the last couple of days. I have seen all kinds of jeans and definitely quite a few skinny jeans. I've also seen flare leg jeans, straight jeans, high-waisted jeans, cropped jeans, etc. Yesterday I purchased a pair of cropped straight jeans.

In the last week, I've read two or three Fall Fashion blog posts. Again, skinny jeans were shown. It really doesn't matter to me, but I just find it funny. It seems that people are going to wear what they want to wear, regardless of what "someone" is telling us is in style. I admit that I do want to look up-to-date (although I usually do not do trendy). I like to take classic (lasting) pieces and add a little funk to them (usually with accessories). Around here, I am seeing alot of skinny jeans worn, the cropped jeans and basic jeans (think levis) worn. I think as cooler temps arrive, more flare leg jeans will show up. I pulled out a pair of flared leg levis earlier this week, thinking I would like to wear them later on.

One think I personally don't care for myself is dark rinse jeans or black jeans. LOL I have too many pairs of various style black pants to want black jeans! I don't have any of the skin-tight skinny jeans but I have some that are fairly form fitting that I still like (or I will once I start wearing boots again).

What are you seeing and what are you wearing?

Comments (18)

• Jilly
    2 years ago

I’m seeing a variety of styles, too.

I wear skinny jeans, flared jeans, and cropped.

My fav style is high-waisted with buttons (no zippers), seam down front legs, and flared.

For day to day, I usually wear Levi’s — skinny or flared.

Tina Marie thanked Jilly
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I do my own thing too, I mean nobody cares what I wear to Aldi, and these are some of the places that I indifferently follow: Busbeestyle and whowhatwear.

I do like to know the current trends.

Tina Marie thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

Jinx, I love the high-waisted look with buttons!

• llitm
    2 years ago

i noted lots of looser fitting jeans being worn in Europe recently. They aren't for me but i like the flared jeans shown above. i'll continue wearing the skinnier jeans and don't see myself purchasing the newer style jeans.

Tina Marie thanked llitm
  • User
    2 years ago

I've always loved button fly jeans. Used to have a pair of button front Levi's that I adored.

Not to contradict Bumblebeez, - just speaking for me personally, I could not possibly care less what the current trends are. LOL. I wear things that make me feel good when I'm wearing them. If some sweet , adorable, perfect looking 20 or 30 year old thinks I look "old" because of my clothes - I don't care, and hey, I AM OLD! :)

I am not hard on clothes, that I wear in public. I have clothes I wear in private when I'm working in dirt or painting, or whatnot. So the clothes I wear in public are always clean, I strive to look neat and presentable...and I have a few pairs of jeans that are over 10 years old. I am sure they are not "au courant" - but they hold the gut in fairly well, I don't feel like a bloated moose in them, and so I will wear them until they no longer look presentable enough for public viewing.

TL;DR - the fashion industry will not get rich off me. :)

Tina Marie thanked User
  • eld6161
    2 years ago

Well I am glad that skinny is still in because I have auite a few pairs, some pretty new.

I wouldn’t mind changing things up if I find a newer trend that works for my shape.

Tina Marie thanked eld6161
  • Bunny
    2 years ago

I like slim straight leg. I ordered a pair of Levis, classic straight, and the hips and legs were enormous. For some reason straight or skinny at Old Navy fit everywhere but have huge thighs. I do not have bony thighs, but Old Navy wishes I did.

The only problem with boot cut is they make my short legs look even stubbier.

ETA: Jeez, I should proofread what I write. Old Navy wishes I had *meaty* thighs.

Tina Marie thanked Bunny
  • Tina Marie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Maybe i meant bootcut vs flare as the ones Jinx shared look like a wider leg. Thats funny though @Bunny, i think the flare/bootcut (whatever it is!!!) makes my legs look longer. i do usually wear them with a chunky heel though.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    2 years ago

I have plenty of jeans right now that fit well, are comfortable, exactly the right length for clogs or booties - and no plans to replace them. They are straight leg, or skinny. Tina, all are dark wash or black ;0) The only faded or light that I have are a pair of chambray cropped jean style that I love (and many years old).

Tina Marie thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I like the boyfriend style lately. Although I have only bought one pair of jeans in the last year, that’s what i bought. The legs are more slim than boot cut but not skinny. I’m not seeing that skinny jeans are disappearing, but there is more variety out there with flared bottom, straight leg, frayed hems, high waist, etc than in past seasons. Just pick what you like.

Have any if you checked out Laurie Felt LA jeans? Most are too short (28”) for me, but they are really cute, soft, comfy and relatively inexpensive.

Tina Marie thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Bunny
    2 years ago

@Tina Marie, yes, if you wear a higher heel, it will lengthen the appearance of your legs if your pants leg covers them. In the early 70s I wore platform heels and flares that skimmed the ground. My legs looked so LONG.

Tina Marie thanked Bunny
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

Jeans I bought for me recently and I hope will be a little bit longer.

Jeans I bought for the 12-year-old Saturday at the mall

• Peppapoodle
    2 years ago

I will still wear my skinny, button fly with cropped flare & want to start wearing my old boot cut jeans. I got a pair of ”mom” jeans also. Vogue will not be calling me for fashion advice!

Tina Marie thanked Peppapoodle
  • daisychain Zn3b
    2 years ago

I like to have a pair of what is trendy, but will usually wear what suits my body type.

I am high-waisted and pear shaped and the current high waisted straight or wide leg suits me very well. In fact, I may have done a happy dance when the style first started to show up in stores again about 6 or 7 years ago. I should probably start hoarding them before they go out of style and become hard to find.

Tina Marie thanked daisychain Zn3b
  • pricklypearcactus
    2 years ago

I tend to wear what fits my figure and try to aim for something at least somewhat in style. I usually wear bootcut or a few straightleg jeans. Very rarely wear skinny jeans, and pretty much only tucked into boots. No crop jeans for me. And definitely no "mom jeans", which seem to be most in style right now. Seems like "mom jeans" that are high waisted, tapered leg, often cropped jeans are the most in thing I'm seeing in my region, but you won't catch me in them. I don't think skinny jeans are as hot as they were for a while, but I don't think they're completely "out" either.

Tina Marie thanked pricklypearcactus
  • Feathers11
    2 years ago

Yes, I wear what fits me well, too, and feels comfortable. I like bootcut with a heel, and just last week, I wore skinnies with sandals.

Tina Marie thanked Feathers11
  • maire_cate
    2 years ago

My favorite are plain old fashioned straight leg Lands End or LLBean in a dark wash. I don't care what's in fashion. I don't wear jeans if we're dining out in a restaurant, they're fine for casual meals. Skinny, low waist or cropped look ridiculous on me.

Tina Marie thanked maire_cate