Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shirtwaistfan

Design Ideas for a Craftsman Style Bathroom? Thanks!!!

shirtwaistfan
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Houzz members. Looking for some advice if you don't mind, on some ideas for my downstairs bathroom renovations. The long and short is... I'm looking to renovate my bathroom in an "old world" Craftsman style, but... I'd be interested in it looking a bit more modern (if that's a thing). And I mean that sparingly, I don't want a modern bathroom at all... I want it to look vintage, but what I mean is that I'm looking for modern renditions of vintage fixtures (like toilet, etc.). As for my skill, I've renovated three homes, all trades. So I will do everything myself. But would like some advice / ideas.

This is the bathroom right now as it sits. The house is located in Florida, and the previous owner was looking to make it look "beachy" ... but the home is 40 minutes from the beach, so I'm trying to get away from that look. I'm from Miami anyway, and 40 minutes from the beach is not beachy. The ONLY thing in this bathroom I want to keep, are the lights above the mirror. I also like oil rubbed bronze.

As you can see.. nothing really matches...

I'm looking to gut the room down to studs, and will possibly even replace the built-in tub if I can find either a modern version of a clawfoot or another built-in that looks a bit more vintage (yet still new). It's a downstairs guest bathroom, so with exception, it will only ever be used as a 1/2 bath. Only one bedroom is downstairs (which we use as an extra living room with a pull-out couch) and all the other bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs.

Thank you!!!

Comments (2)