Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlb83slb04

brown quartz countertop

Jamie
2 years ago

Trying to choose a quartz countertop that is solid or almost solid light brown quartz. The first picture attached is my kitchen now and the flooring that we have. The second picture is something similar to what I’m trying to do.

Comments (23)

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

I love brown tops....we have brown quartz top on display in our showroom...but sadly it's discontinued. Don't copy the linear mosaic backsplash unless you LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's been considered outdated for at least a year or two now. It was a "flash in the pan". They kinda hurt my eyes.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you! The fabricator that we’re going with is only able to get as of right now either Toffee CQ quartz, Dark Silt CQ.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

Never heard of those quartz colors...must be a brand I'm not familiar with. Which brand is it???

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It says that the Toffee is also known as Beige Olimpo,

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

Haven't heard of that either....and usually only granites have multiple names. But some quartz brands have "AKA names" for their box store colors.

Have you checked out Silestone? They have a lot of brown colors: Iron bark, Noka, Unsui, Calypso and Emperador.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

Here is my showroom display...discontinued. But your inspiration pic looks more greigey and not as pure brown. Here is a photo of my display next to my Zodiaq (Color Quartz) "Imperial" sample.

I know it looks more gray next to that brown, but it does have quite a bit of brown in it. In fact, to me, it looks a lot like the color in your photo.

Here it is next to two black countertops so you can see how brown it really is.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for all your help! The one on the countertop the darker brown it’s really nice. What was that original color. Do you know of a color similar to that brown.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

I haven't found one like it ever since they discontinued it. Wish I could remember the name of it...it's been at least 5-6 yrs since they dropped it.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

My co-worker says it's this...but not ringing a bell:

Zodiaq (now known as Corian Color Quartz): Stone: Marrone Emperador
    Stone type: Corian (former Zodiaq)

Link here to place that sells slabs of it, I think: https://www.marblecityca.com/products/333?by=type&q=corian

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I think it was caesarstone possibly

https://www.marblecityca.com/stones/emperadoro?by=type&q=caesarstone#stone-name

This discontinued slab company appears to be in California.

• chispa
    2 years ago

I've looked at that color range and will be using Cambria Devon, which is more of a taupe brown, in the house we are building.

Here is a photo of Cambria Devon from the Cambria website:

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

if this is to be a long term fix [ no big remodel down the road] I would seriously pull the base cabs on left side of space [ left and right of range] and insert some drawer cab replacments. Straight run......easy to DIY / RTA or Ikea even. I think you'd be happier w your outcome to have some actual improvement of the space. The floor is fine w the tones but w white cabs remaining i'd go into at least medium tones w the brown/ tan counter..... not so light..... I think you need a little more contrast . Personally..I'd change the wall color right away.....since you are doing white cabs/ keeping tan tile floor and into browns for counter I'd rid the gray in the walls. You can do better w something complementary. there is no other gray anywhere. Backsplash can wait / you are spending on quartz [ not sure why-granite would be the thing] .... you want to get the backsplash right. no mosaics.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I like granite. Just didn’t know with the floors which granite to go with. Wasn’t sure if I should go with the speckle or veining?

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

your space is large enough for at least some veining.....assume the lighting is adequate....but do you have under cab lights??? need that. you have to visit local places and see what is available....bring home some samples... I'd pick granite/maybe corian. and with money saved....as said..get at least one stack of drawers on left...the idea is improvement at moments of replacing things. You propose to keep OTR microwave/ side of fridge exposed ????......I'd stick w granite for cost effectivenes but get at least one improvement for the space. You could save a little more....wait on the counters and do a few more things......nothing is in disrepair.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you! No I don’t have any lights under cab. I definitely like the idea of the drawers. Yes we waiting on our new stainless steel appliances to come. When you going with the countertops would you pick a lighter color such as a beige or darker

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

in your kitchen I would get at least medium shaded selection. Not light. With good lighting I think some color contrast and some veining will be welcome. You need a focal point is what I'm saying. Floor is neutral/cabinets are white/ configuration is straightforward with nothing like an island to accentuate/ or view thru a window or the like. Get some counters w some interest. It doesn't have to be in your face but move away from bland. Bring in samples...you'll see.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Herbflavor Thank you for all your help! I’m going to go get samples today for the countertop also placed order for cabinets by the range. Attaching three photos would you go with something similar to this kind of countertop and change the color of the cabinets

• RedRyder
    2 years ago

I would look for a solid-with-light-veining countertop in a medium brown. Not liking any of the speckled granites as they read “busy”. After you install the countertop and all your lighting (add some under-counter. It changes everything including prepping your meals.) THEN you choose a new backsplash. Make sure to take off the 4” piece and not do that in the new color.
    I would definitely check out Silestone and Cambria for soft, modern browns. The only disadvantage of a deep dark brown (which could be striking) is if the maintenance would bother you. Darker countertops get a bad grade for keeping clean since dust and mess show up more on those colors.
    Nice job so far! I’m assuming you painted the cabinets white recently.

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

like all of those...especially the second. has a rich warm look. Just find something that speaks to you/ that you like to have in your space.....seems like so many things will work stone selections are so variable so look at the local availability in person. Large slabs at the stoneyard make the search a little easier as things start to pop one way or the other.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

So I’m now down to 3 colors for the countertops. Which one do y’all think looks best with the flooring

• Jamie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Out of these

• RedRyder
    2 years ago

I’m partial to the first one. The little bit of ivory in it goes with your floor. All three are good.

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

going back to the mosaic backsplash in your inspiration pic. ...with one of these??? I'd put the pattern in the counter ...skip the mosaic backsplash [ almost 100% past their era] . there is no need to match the floor ..the floor is neutral and a non issue with nearly anything. If you must ....pick the 2nd or 3rd of these but avoid mosaic splash..look for a shape or texture or some other feature in a tile.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!