Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
t_evatt

Curtain Rod Finish Color

E Evartt
2 years ago

Can anyone give me guidance on how to determine what color i should choose for my curtain rod finish? The room is basically a blank slate right now. I am leaning toward a greige or white paint color for the walls. Bedding will be neutral. The bed is a poster style bed in a warm pine color. Do i need to have the light fixture and lamps match the drapery rods? i also have not chosen these either. I see mainly black curtain rods now, so I have wondered if I should do a black rod regardless of the light fixture color. Timing is hard for this-the person making my draperies needs to get the rod on order due to supply issues. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Comments (4)

• P Banos
    2 years ago

Would need to see the room and the finishes. But it depends if you want to have the rods stand out or disappear. Black rods, especially with light colored curtains, will draw the eye. If that is the only dark element in the room you may prefer a lighter color.

E Evartt thanked P Banos
  • Anna Devane
    2 years ago

What color are the window treatments? if you can a photo of the room always helps.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

IMO this is the last thing you choose and we need to see the room .

• Maureen
    2 years ago

Rod and other other finishes don’t have to match. Hard to suggest, as a pine poster bed isn't enough to go on, but as you can see mixing is fine. Decide on overall look vs finish.