Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiffany_provence

Need your best single color (whole house) color w/ heart pine floors

Tiffany Provence
2 years ago

What is your FAVORITE whole house (neutral) color right now that will work with heart pine floors and white trim? Closest match to current photos is SW Grecian Ivory which I don't find objectionable but the home feels a little dated so I'm wondering if a different color may help (already changing out dated lighting).

One challenge to this open floor plan is the inability to replace the kitchen stone (pictured) which is a gray / black with green undertones that can look really green in certain light. I am replacing on island (with butcher block) and backsplash and painting vanity (color TBD) but this stone will still be on the top of the white cabinets. Help please . . .

Comments (5)

• Tanya Mur
    2 years ago

Honestly I really like it as is, including the green granite, which I think looks great with the white cabinets.

What shade of white are your cabinets and trim painted in now? If you like that shade, could you paint the walls with it as well? That might create a more contemporary look.

Tiffany Provence thanked Tanya Mur
  • Tiffany Provence
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have the color of the white trim but I'm sure I could come close on matching it. I love the white look but with dogs and 5 kids I can't decide how long I will love it!

• cat_ky
    2 years ago

I like it just the way it is, and I sure would not change that island to butcher block. What is on there looks great.

• Tanya Mur
    2 years ago

Yes I agree - I would not change the island to butcher block either. The green granite that's on there looks so nice with the wood - beautiful contrast.

If you don't want the white look, then I really like what you have already! I think it works well with everything else you've got, and I love how you've furnished the place, with a mix of styles!

• Tanya Mur
    2 years ago

Also - I agree with you - I think changing out the lighting will make a big difference. Maybe you could start with that, and then if you want more of a change, evaluate then? Perhaps something with a slight greenish hue could work well with the granite + provide a nice contrast with all of your wood. Also -- I love the contrast in your bookshelves with the wood + white, plus the way you've organized them. It really looks beautiful and warm/inviting.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH