Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
simone_lahood45

Help me decorate my bathroom

Simone Lahood
2 years ago

I’m moving into my boyfriend’s and his bathroom needs a makeover. The bare bones are great but want a contemporary/modern clean feel. Thoughts on wall color and/or shower curtain and floor rug?

Appreciate any help here!! Please see beige one for what it looked like when he moved in (he also has some leftover paint for that color but is open to something else)

Comments (5)

• Lauren Taylor
    2 years ago

The biggest thing taking away from a contemporary feel in that room are the fuzzy bathmats. I would replace them with something like this and maybe a plain shower curtain as well. Hang simple frames with modern art or black and white photography above the toilet.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

IMO a shower curtain is never really contemporary so is this a rental ? I like glass shower screen and are those tiles brown or gray it is hard to tell. Please ditch the rugs and for sure the one in front of the toilet (so gross) The only mat you need in a bathroom IMO is the one used at the tub . The space actully looks very modern to me I just do not love the curtain and the color mix .Where is the blue wall? I think that would be the perfect color for the bathroom walls

• Jennifer Hogan
    2 years ago

I like shower curtains vs glass (I don't like cleaning glass enclosures and even hung a shower curtain in front of one in my last home.) I have a "whole home" color palette, my house is painted with a light taupe neutral and bedrooms, bathrooms, accent colors are all grayish purples, soft blue greens and deep wine reds.

For both bathrooms I found a shower curtain that I loved and then painted the bathrooms to go with the shower curtains, both shower curtains had soft blue greens. I painted one bathroom BM Quiet Moments and the other BM Beach Glass.

You want the bathroom to work with the colors in the rest of the home, but it is a space where it is nice to add a bit of color.

Your floor tile lends itself nicely to blue greens. Colors similar to what I used (bluer blue greens) to the greener sage greens with just a touch of blue.

Many people who want modern will use a solid color or white shower curtain or something with a soft geometric pattern. I happen to like more nature centric designs, leaves, flowers, dragonflies.

• kandrewspa
    2 years ago

If you look at the shower curtain you can see that navy or the mint green look OK with the tile, the blue doesn't. It's just the wrong shade of blue. As the previous posters said, you need to lean blue-green if you're interested in blue, and black would also look good with this tile. There are so many choices in shower curtains. I'm sure you can find one you like better.

• PRO
    Everything Home
    2 years ago

It's hard to tell what color those tiles are, but if you want a clean modern look, you could easily try painting it white, get a white shower curtain, and some artwork with black, white, and grey. Here are a few images from our designs that might help. Also we recommend only a white rug in front of the tub if you need one, and perhaps try all black and white towels.

Luxe Living in Zionsville · More Info

Luxe Living in Zionsville · More Info

Sun-Drenched Elegance · More Info

Country Estate Transformation · More Info