Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

suggestions? I am trying the tape trick again.

Hello,

I got such great help last time, I am back again! ; )

So, we have had this outdoor timer for many years. No idea how long. Now, it could be my user error, but at any rate, I can't get it to do what I want.

What I'd like it to do is turn on for the number of hours I select, then turn off at the right time, then turn itself on again 24 hours after I first turned it on.

What it seems to be doing instead is, when I turn it on at 8 or 9pm, and ask it to stay on for 10 hours, it seems to stay on. (It is kind of a dreary corner, even with a street lamp.) Then I go to sleep, so I don't really know if it is staying on until exactly the right time.

Problem is, it will then come on the next day at like 4 in the afternoon. Mind you, yes it is a bit darkish by then, but not so much that the light needs to be on.

I am in the process of doing the tape thing again.

If that doesn't work though - and, it doesn't seem to me like the sensor is off, so maybe it is silly to try this - is there anything else to try? Or is it probably just past its useful time and I should just pony up for a new one? I tried just totally unplugging it for a few hours too, which didn't work.

I have emailed to try to get the manual.

All input is appreciated!

Comments (3)