Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

C daylilies 2022

sherrygirl zone5 N il
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It looks like Friday is for the C daylilies, let’s see what you have!

Quote of the day: One minute you are young and cool……the next you’re getting all excited about a new vacuum cleaner.

Cat Dancer

Claudine’s Charm is a favorite.

Ciel d’Or a great performer and a bright dpot in the garden

Cherokee Star

Coral Majority is nice addition later in the season.

Crystalline Entity has been a good performer, nice increase.

Christine Dixon is supposed to be an early bloomer. It has been an early mid bloomer for me.

Coast to Coast, the color seems to change with the weather. most of the time it looks close to this photo, sometimes it is white with a pink edge.

Coyote Moon, what a great performer, can‘t say enough good things about this daylily. It has rebloomed for me and has been a great increaser.

Coco’s Curiosity, a baby of Debra’s did well its first season here.

More later.

Sherry

Comments (28)

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

A few more C’s

My Citrina species daylily is my last to bloom, doesnt start till the end of August and blooms through the whole month of September.

Heemskerk / Cheese and Wine got moved and is now hard to reach to dead head. it seems to like the new spot.

Chicago Arnies Choice, an oldie and a good performer blooming in a less than ideal spot.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

You have so many really nice c's. Good picture of Christine Dixon.......I looked up Coyote Moon and found many northerners saying how hardy it is. I love the color, but with my pot system I try and avoid Evergreens as a rule. I think it might be one of the hardy types so it will go on my list anyway. I'm a sucker for warm yellows.......I lost Cherokee Star during the Feb. 2021 arctic freeze, but it's such a beautiful red that I replaced it. The new plant bloomed fine for me this year and did well in our heat. I think Debra has it too......My Coral Majority died as well from the Arctic Blast, but I didn't replace that one.....Cheese and Wine is another pretty one. What is blooming in back? A Phlox?........Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

I have only one C not already posted. My other C's were lost to the Feb. 21 arctic blast:

Clown Cabaret:

Maryl

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

Here are my C's:

Careless Dream: A Bud Bennett intro. This is its third year in the ground and it is spectacular. Blooms are 7.5 to 8 inches.

Caribbean Whipped Cream: An oldie but a goodie. Some days it is more yellow.

Carolina Cool Down

CHARLOTTE ROYCROFT: There is a lot going on with this bloom. It has a darker eye, petal edges are lighter and it is a bitone. The lighter edges show up as the season progresses.

Continued

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

CHARM CITY CERISE GLOW: My first introduction

Chilled Orange Sorbet

CIRCUS PERFORMER: One of the few Petit's that remain in my garden. This one blooms above the foliage.

CLOWN PARADE: This oneis popular on this forum.

Continued

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

CLOWNS IN WASHINGTON: Love the name

CONNIE CAN'T HAVE IT: Tends to throw poly blooms

COBRA SKIN NECKTIE

COCKY AND BOLD: A Bennett pink.

Continued

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

CONWAY SERENDIPITY

Coral Majority

CORINTHIAN PINK: An old pink by Stamile.

Courage to Change: Showing a slight pattern in the eye.

One more page to go.

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

CRADLE OF BETHLEHEM: First year in the ground.

CREATURE OF THE NIGHT: Not the best photo.

CRITICAL MASS

That is all from me.

David

• shive
    2 years ago

Very pretty C's so far. I think my favorites are Claudine's Charm and Circus Performer.

Cardinal Desire

Carmen Renee

Carolina Pale Face

Cinderella Blue

Cindy's Tie Die

Clarification

Clown Parade

Coastal Grand

Cobalt Rings

Coco's Curiosity

More later ... I'm still not done with the B's!

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    2 years ago

Lol Sherry! I remember when I started spending more at the hardware store than anywhere else, I really like Cat Dancer! Clown Cabaret is gorgeous as are Cocky and Bold (I must be in a pink mood today), Cindy's Tie Dye and Catching Fire.

Cherry Cheeks not happy with my summer and its location.

Cool It

Crimson Pirate

No pic of Chesapeake Crablegs

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

I remember admiring Caribbean Whipped Cream many years ago and not being able to find it. Still appealing....I hope Crazy Ivan holds on for you Nan as it sure is pretty...................Maryl

• shive
    2 years ago

Nan - I always like your photos of Cherry Pie a la Mode!

Here are some more of my C's:

Confessions of a Hemaholic

Cool Twister

Core Values

Cowgirl Spurs (four clumps planted together)

Crintonic Rain Dances

Carolina Cool Down

Carolina Blue Moon

Chartered Course

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Debra, i like Confessions of a Hemoholic and, my goodness, four clumps or not Cowgirl Spurs sure is a show off.

Sherry

• shive
    2 years ago

Yes, Cowgirl Spurs has always been a showoff, and last year it had some scapes with 27 buds. In the past, 23 buds was the most it ever had.

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Lots of C's that really struck me! Sherry, you especially had a lot I like! Cat Dancer always catches my eye. Your Citrina is like the VTs, late and well budded, really extending the season! I also really like Cheese and Wine, Coco's Curiosity, Claudine's Charm, Ciel D'or [yours has more orange on it than mine] and Coral Majority [mine's more coral].

I also like Clown Cabaret, Cradle of Bethlehem, and Cherry Cheeks.

That's a great picture of Carmen Renee Debra! Your's seems to be more pink.

Carmen Renee

Castle Pinkney

Catastrophe Waitress

Chance Encounter

Cherry Treat

Cherry Cheeks

more....

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Christmas Day

Christopher Russell

Claws

Coral Majority

Court Magician

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • shive
    2 years ago

Brad - Carmen Renee looks more of a pink lavender when photographed in the sun. To my eye, it always looks lavender.

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Brad, glad you joined in today! i love that photo of Carmen Renee!

Sherry

• gadaylily
    2 years ago

Very Nice

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked gadaylily
  • Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

Caledonia is an old one but has bloomed so well the last 2 years, covered with blooms for over 6 weeks.

Cameroons

CAribbean Eye Spy

Christmas in Oz

Citrix

Concrete Blonde

Cosmic Odyssey

Crazy Ivan blooms so short, but the flowers are so large, and it always reblooms, usally taller the 2nd time around. I was set on getting rid of it, but would I find a similar one that blooms as large, as many blooms, and as dependable a rebloomer?

Classic Caper is an oldie I rarely see, but blooms so well and a bit later in the season

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • shive
    2 years ago

Nancy - I like the bright yellow of both Caledonia and Concrete Blonde. Would you say they are the same shade of yellow?

Debra

• Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

Debra, they are very similar in color, concrete Blond is a larger flower, but so far Caledonia is a better plant.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    2 years ago

So many that make me go WOW and want to rip all mine out and start over (OK not all of them). Watching these threads will be hazardous to my wealth. I feel like singling some out is a disservice to so many others, but I'm going to do it anyway. Cosmic Odyssey and Christmas in Oz look amazing. As do Cindy's Tie Die (for), Cobalt Rings, Coco's Curiosity and so many of Debra's. Please tell me these will only grow in a volcano so don't bother looking for them.

Here's a couple I grow. Chief Black Hand - new to me last year.

Cognizant Dissonant - one of my first

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ha ha, Steve, wishful thinking, you better guard your wealth ; )

Sherry

• mantis__oh
    2 years ago

Connie Can't Have It has never done anything here, so Connie can have it as far as I am concerned. Sometimes, things actually do better north of here, but we certainly have snow cover now.

Change of Heart --I think this is a super plant. Of course, it grows at the estate where it gets lots of sun. Very reliable.

Comanche Drums

Catastrophe Waitress --doesn't like hot sun

Cup of Cold Water --not a fast increaser

Christopher Hitchens --lovely, but moderate increase. Nice later one, but could be a tad taller.

Cherokee Star --good grower and brilliant in late midseason

Cloud Rider --has grown from a single fan

Clash of Absolutes --excellent color, but plant not so good

Cradle of Bethlehem --Got a bad plant years ago, but is now showing its stuff. I was surprised.

Carrick Wildon --very bright

Carolina Dale --stands out in garden, but bud count won't leave you breathless

Curtis Montgomery --will probably not amount to much here. It took a long time just to bloom.

Chicago Girls --pictured in a pot; too early to evaluate in ground, I got it later as I am not on the A (or B) list.

Caribbean Whipped Cream --short, but such a welcome sight in the earlier garden.

Cedar Waxwing --simple but alluring, so it has managed to stay around.

Crystal Castles

Cancun Candy --picture from 2020. Not so nice this year. I fear it may be an evergreen that deteriorates.

Crintonic Beautiful Day I am liking more each year

Carolina Cool Down was a great performer this past year.

Carl Sagan - would like a half inch larger

Crying in the Wilderness --on the short side

Changed in a Moment looks promising. That morning eyezone is such a standout.

Classy Columbus was a gift to attendees of the Columbus convention (not me).

Crintonic Painted Desert. Pictures can exaggerate the coloring. A slow grower. I have a small piece of this.

Creation Rejoices --an earlier Emmerich

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mantis, I like the look of Crintonic Painted Desert. I hope we see a photo of a bloom or two of yours this coming season.

Sherry

• mantis__oh
    2 years ago

This is Crintonic Painted Desert this last season. But as I noted, pictures tend to exaggerate the coloration.

I passed on this one, though Curt likes it a lot. Laura would have fits just looking at it (she hates pink).

Crintonic Perfect Kiss