Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjdoitnow

Taj Mahal Quartzite

pjdoitnow
2 years ago

Does anyone have photos? Experience with this material? Comments? Suggestions?

Cabinets are birch mocha, a medium warm brown. THANKS in ADVANCE!!! PJ

Comments (11)

• J Sk
    2 years ago

Here Taj Mahal in my not finished kitchen.

• chispa
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

There are hundreds of photos of TM on Houzz. At top of page look for the Houzz logo. Next to that is the search box. Type in Taj Mahal and it will give you an option to search for "Taj Mahal in photos". You can also search for "Taj Mahal in Discussions" for other posts about TM. Grab a cup of tea/coffee and make sure you have a few hours to spare! Save the photos you like to your Ideabooks so you can find them again easily.

I used TM when I remodeled the kitchen in my last house and I'm using it again in the house we just built.

• eld6161
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Chispa, you probaly have experience with the color wave of Taj. Years past it was more beige/ taupe, while lately it seems to be running gray.

Pjdoitnow, you need to take a door sample to the yards with you to see how it will coordinate. i would think you want creamy, not gray with your birch.

• pjdoitnow
    Original Author
    2 years ago

thanks, I thought of that after I posted and looked up several threads. Great site for that! The TM I am looking at is not grey. I spend a lot of time working in Italy and grey is so gone. gone.

• Techi
    last year

@nycbluedevil_gw what color are your cabinets and walls?

• Gabby
    last year

@J Sk love your kitchen picture. Is it finished yet? Could you please share what backsplash, paint color, flooring you chose?

• chispa
    last year

TM is also hard to photograph! Mine look much cooler and gray-ish in photos, but are warm and creamy-beige-gold in real life.

eld6161, yes you definitely see the difference in the coloring if you have shopped for TM 10 years ago vs shopping for it now. Even when I bought the slabs in my previous house it was getting harder to find the lighter ones and when they did come in they got snatched up very quickly. I managed to get my 3 lighter slabs from a lot that was all on hold for someone else.

When slab shopping for my current house in Dec 2020 there was limited inventory due to covid. I got lucky and found 3 lighter slabs and told my builder to buy them asap. We did have to hold them for 9 months before we needed them. but no one knew at the time when shipments would be arriving again, so I wasn't willing to take the change and miss out on slabs that I liked.

• J Sk
    last year

@Gabby, I don't have a good picture right now, just from the end of built, not the best one (dark

). Backsplash ( backpainted glass, color I would need to check) , wall color BM Glacier White, floor quarter sawn white oak finished with Bona Natural Seal and Traffic HD

• Gabby
    last year
    last modified: last year

@J Sk Wow, your kitchen (even in progress) looks beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to respond with the details and picture.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    last year

@Techi sorry didnt see the question. Upper cabinets are BM simply white. walls are BM old prairie. Lower cabinets are two different custom stains.