Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brooksbuild

Has anyone used Cambria Sandgate for their countertops?

brooksbuild
2 years ago

We decided on Sandgate today and it’s absolutely beautiful. Not too plain, not too busy and has a subtle sparkle.

Comments (35)

• Jen K (7b, 8a)
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We didn't install Sandgate, but Windermere. I really like the Cambria product. This looks really pretty. I hope you can find some pictures or others who've installed it.

• Debbie Crawford
    2 years ago

We are also considering Sandgate. Did you install it and have any pictures?

• brooksbuild
    Original Author
    2 years ago

No, install won’t be until early May. Cabinets are delayed until end of April unfortunately.

• K W
    last year

@brooksbuild - Did you install your Sandgate? Would love to see photos of your kitchen. I can't find any online using it. I just picked that too but our cabinets wont be in until August.

• kaoltman
    last year

I too picked Sandgate but will not be installed for 4-6 weeks. I have a sample and it looks beautiful with my white cabinets. I think I will be very pleased with selection.

• kaoltman
    last year

Pictures do not capture the beauty of Sandgate. It has some silver flecks randomly placed that is just beautiful to me. looks like tiny diamond chips. Kitchen not done completely but here are some pics.

• K W
    last year

@kaoltman - Beautiful! We are waiting on templating but should have out counters in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait. We also did white cabinets with it and our paint color is Upward by Sherwin Williams. What are you doing for a backsplash if any?

• kaoltman
    last year

KW-I am doing Sandgate for the backsplash. They install it next week. I went back and forth on what I was going to do but I have a friend who did matching backsplash and she said she loves her backsplash matching her counters. Hope it looks nice as I love love the countertop.

• brooksbuild
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Update: countertops are in but we are still waiting for the range hood and trim. hood was damaged so a replacement was ordered and will be in this week!

• akenning52
    last year

Do you have a picture with backsplash of Sandgate. I am considering this. I have chosen Sandgate for counter top, but not sure of backsplash.

• kaoltman
    last year

akenning52-Photos of backsplash.

• kaoltman
    last year

Here are the photos. They didn’t post the first time.

• kaoltman
    last year

One more pic

• K R
    last year

We have Cambria Highgate which is also similar. Cambria makes a beautiful product, and they have a lifetime guarantee against chips, damage, etc..

• K W
    last year

@kaoltman - Your kitchen is beautiful! Our Sandgate will be installed next Wednesday. Still trying to pick a backsplash but decided I'm going to wait until the counters are in. Here are my options at the moment but I LOVE using it as the backsplash too! Thought it would be too busy but it looks wonderful. I'm afraid the bowling pin tile will look too busy but also think I'd flip it around so I don't think "bowling pin" everytime I see it. LOL.

• akenning52
    last year

Absolutely stunning - I will proceed with Sandgate as the backsplash as well as the counter. Thank you.

• kaoltman
    last year

K W-I do think it’s a good idea to wait until install if deciding to do a backsplash that is not the Cambria. I was reading that people were having such a difficult time matching something up that I just decided to make it easy for me since I loved the countertop already. I am glad this kitchen remodel is almost done. I just had stove installed and still waiting for my freezer column. My flooring is on backorder until Nov. Best wishes to you. I’m sure it will be beautiful 😀

• kaoltman
    last year

akenning52-Thank you. I think you will be really happy when you see it all installed and you are seeing it in person.

• akenning52
    last year

My kitchen is backordered and won't be in until November. Anxiously waiting and hoping everything will be done for Christmas. Appliances, flooring and paint chosen; just have to get taps for the sink. Can hardly wait!

• kaoltman
    last year

akenning52-Good Luck with everything. Hopefully the waiting period will go fast for you and will be done before the Holidays. Very exciting to have a new Kitchen 😀 I had one glitch that cost me. My sink is in island and I did not know they made those cabinets with paper towel holder built in when I initially ordered. Cabinet maker made me a new cabinet and installed it last week.

• Estee Notsay
    last year

@Kaoltman— what color and brand are your cabinets? We were going to do Kraftmaid Warm White, but it looks slightly off with Sandgate. Please help!

• Estee Notsay
    last year

@brooksbuild, what shade of white are your cabinets with your Sandgate? There are so many shades, and some work better than others. We are considering Kraftmaid warm white, Moonshine, and possibly Dove white. Would love some guidance please.

• HU-840964565
    last year

I want to know the color cabinets too but it was last sept posting so may never know.

• rita831
    last year

@Estee Notsay I think Cambria Sandgate looks beautiful with Kraftmaid Dove White

• K W
    last year

@Estee Notsay @HU-840964565

I am not the original poster but this is Sandgate with Kraftmaid Dove White

• Estee Notsay
    last year

@K W @rita831 @HU-840964565

We ended up going with Kraftmaid Moonshine cabinets with the Sandgate. We’ll know how we did in a few months!

• kaoltman
    last year

@EsteeNotsay-I had my cabinets made by Mullet Cabinets-Artic White. I am sure what you picked will look great.

• kaoltman
    last year

Flooring finally in. Need counter stools as these are old ones I refinished until I find something. Also need a new table. Soon 😀

• K W
    last year

@kaoltman - It is beautiful!

• dip9191
    11 months ago

Hi. Looks amazing. I am considering Sandgate. What is the floor choice if you don’t mind sharing?

• dip9191
    11 months ago

houzz://user/kaoltman forgot to tag in my post above.

• Kelly Torno
    11 months ago

We’re working on a kitchen remodel with Cambria Sandgate. I’m trying to decide on what backsplash will look good. Anyone have any ideas?

• kaoltman
    10 months ago

Dip9191-our flooring is Prescott Oak by Coretec. Looks light brown-beige with some gray knots. Love it so far.

• raesy5
    7 months ago

What is your wall color, so pretty!!