Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caramiao3

Heat Resistant Mat for Quartz

caramiao3
2 years ago

For those with quartz countertops… do you use heat resistant silicon mats or something else to put pans from the oven down when preparing food ? it was a long time coming to get my counters so i am not chancing damaging them.

Any recommendations ? i was looking on amazon and cant seem to decide whixh ti trust .

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

The mats should be fine.

• Meghan Terry
    2 years ago

I usually just throw a potholder down.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I have ceramic Fiesta Ware trivets I use along with thick cork board. Usually have to use several for a big sheet / tray / casserole. Potholders too but really thick ones or several in a stack. 99% of time anything pulled out of oven goes on cooktop as I don’t usually have all burners in use.

ETA: I did look for a large enough trivet to place a 9x13 pan on but all I could find were SS with legs & I worried about scratches from legs. I do look around kitchen stuff in stores to find the perfect large trivet - still looking.

caramiao3 thanked KW PNW Z8
  • vinmarks
    2 years ago

I do not have quartz but do have granite. We use the Le Creuset Cool Tool silicone mats. They have round ones and larger square ones.

https://www.lecreuset.com/large-cool-tool-surface-protector/FB440.html

caramiao3 thanked vinmarks
  • caramiao3
    Original Author
    2 years ago

KW, i did see a few XL mats on amazon .

I am thinking about buying a couple . Too many to pick from and i dont want to buy ones that are junk .

• Hillside House
    2 years ago

I use trivets.

• Anne Duke
    2 years ago

I love silicone mats. They work well, clean, fold and store away easily too.

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

I invested the vast sum of about $10 for a couple of plastic cutting boards.  They go under hot pans, the slow  cooker, the rice cooker, etc.

• kculbers
    2 years ago

I have Silestone quartz countertops and use a variety of silicone mats. Under my Ninja Air Fryer and CrockPot, I use Dioro silicone baking sheets that are thicker than the industry standard baking sheets (they are also great to bake cookies on and grill veggies too). You can often find silicone mats in Target, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, and Ebay.

• wilson853
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

My favorite big trivet is the LAMPLIG from IKEA which can accommodate a 9 x 13, cookie sheets, or a roaster. I also keep one on top of the stainless cover on my range top to prevent scratches.

caramiao3 thanked wilson853
  • Mom 2022
    2 years ago

Thank you all for sharing . This has been such a great help. Any experience with using

Microwave turntable under air fryer?

- i have one from last time and fits perfectly. from all that i have read ...it's tempered glass and should withstand heat. Air fryer on top of the silicon mat with MW turntable under it .

should be alright ?

• smiling
    2 years ago

A second to the suggestion from vinmarks about those Le Creuset mats, I have several and can vouch for their quality. Nice and thick, and those ridges help keep things cools, and help with counter "stickiness". They don't move unless you tug on them! Great under Instapot, Air Fryer, and the large pots I use for Sous Vide. Perfect for half sheet pans out of the oven.

• Sharon Fullen
    2 years ago

I bought simple, modern elegant looking trivets from IKEA. Cookie sheets and casserole dishes fit easily. And these cost $9 each!

• kculbers
    2 years ago

Mom 2022: the microwave glass turntable would make a fabulous trivet. I have a spare microwave glass turntable too, that I kept, thinking one day I could put it to use.