Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

V daylilies 2022

sherrygirl zone5 N il
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Please show us your V daylilies. I am sorry to say I have none 😳

Quote of the day:” A bargain is something you dont need at a price you can’t resist.”

Can’t help myself….. my daughter is getting a new puppy next week. His name is Remy, he is on the right. He is a smooth coat collie, his sister on the left is a rough coat collie like Lassie.

Sherry

Comments (15)

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

Here are my V's:

Vertical Horizon

Vesuvian

VICTORIA GARDEN STAR BRIGHT

VICTORIAN LACE

Continued

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

VIRGINIA PECK

VISION SEEKER

That is all from me.

David

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

Sherry: How cute are those puppies. I had a friend who was a huge fan of Collies. Said they were the best. Good luck with being a new puppy grandmother.........David: You have quite a few V's that stand out. Vision Seeker is lovely and Vesuvian is a deep velvety red that looks rich........I have only one V and it was new last year. Short scapes on initial blooms. We will see what it does this year:

Venetian Fringe:

Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    2 years ago

What cute puppies. If you don't have a V a puppy is equally good!

Voodoo Dancer.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Vintage Wine. Still a reliable favorite and always will be.

Next are my VTs. All are extra late, bud range from 15-40. Good height too. Using some of them for crossing, hoping for well budded lates.

VT Autumn Fires, has more buds than any plus it is a bud builder. Blooms 2 or more months. 40 buds on some.

VT Bridal LILAC

VT Fondly Kin

VT Rose Rosy

VT September Star

VT Sophie is a bit more orange than this photo.

VT the Last Melon, also super amount of buds. Also increases quickly. It is a hard color to capture but this photo is about right.

VT Sophie and the Last Melon.

That's all.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Maryl, love your new addition! I have added a few doubles the past few years, I like the contrast they add in the garden.

Sherry

• shive
    2 years ago

Sherry - Both puppies are very cute! I love all collies and shelties, probably due to watching Lassie as a kid and playing with my grandmother's border collie.

Brad - VT Bridal Lilac appeals to me, and the clumps of VT Sophie and Last Melon are very impressive.

Velvet Throne is a dark red with a large 7-inch bloom. It always rebloomes.

Victorian Garden Heaven's Applause throws lots of intricate patterns. It used to be one of my best performers until the neighbor's tree grew very tall and now gives it too much shade.

Victorian Garden Emerald Breeze holds its color on the hottest days.

Violet Victory is another one that never increases and is short becaue of the grubs. It does set seed like crazy though, and I may have some seedlings from it bloom this year.

Violet Sabrewing has lovely colors. I've been battling grubs on this one for years. Scapes were finally a little taller last year.

Venus's Fire

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Debra, I really like Velvet Throne. Wonderful color, design and form. Love the white edge.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    2 years ago

Vertical Horizon and Violet Victory are my faves.

Venus Fly Trap

Vanilla Fluff

Veto

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    2 years ago

I love those puppies. Our Riley is an Old Time Scotch Collie. Collies are so gentle and sweet.

My picks of the daylilies today is VT Autumn Fires. It sounds like a good one for the end of the season. I also like Victorian Gardens Heaven's Applause. I also like Vision Seeker.

Here are my Vs.

Here's our Venus Fly Trap. It's a pretty bloom and does well for us, but it is not fertile for us. We have gotten a few seedlings with it as pollen parent, but none as pod parent.

Warmer Climes was new last year. It was a bonus from Mike Derrow, the hybridizer. His plants do well here.

Wickedly Wild and Wonderful never performs as well as its published stats suggest it should, but still, it comes up every year and blooms well.

Wide Wide World is a great grower. However, I am never happy with the photos of it. They just don't show how luscious the color is.

Wild and Wonderful is not a great grower for us and doesn't make much of a landscape impact. The photo would be better, though, if I took out the dead flowers.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • shive
    2 years ago

Nan - I think you jumped the gun on the W's.

Nan and Steve - I have Venus Flytrap too, but I've never been fond of the color or shape mine has. It's on my move out list.

Steve - Veto is gorgeous!

Debra

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    2 years ago

Debra, I guess I did. I put the photos in the same file, intending to post only the Vs. I guess there was only one.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    2 years ago

I've always wondered why it isn't called double V anyway.

The color on VFT doesn't really thrill me either but those edges!

Veto is a ground hugger for me. I haven't seen any 27" scapes yet, but the blooms are pretty much all perfect.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
  • shive
    2 years ago

Steve - I agree about Venus Flytrap's toothy edges. They were the selling point when I bought it.

Debra

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville