Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kq346

Best trim color with Natural Tan walls

kq346
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, i have been struggling trying to pick an all over paint color to brighten up my house! i love all the whites im seeing on pinterest, design boards etc.. but i have cream cabinets in my kitchen and have been told that most "whites" wont work. i had a designer come help me and her first choice was natural linen, i painted some sample boards but feel like it is too creamy, yellow or something I don’t love. Her second choice was Natural Tan, so thats what i have decided to go with. She also suggested the trim be the same color, but i want some contrast in color. What Sherwin Williams trim color would you recomend with Natural Tan? Has anyone used SW Natural Tan? are you happy? any pictures? im attaching pics of the cabinets and a couple of living area for accent colors. ignore all the apots on the walls..some are paint sample, some are dry wall mud. the current colors are acceaible beige and tony taupe. thank you!

Comments (12)

• woodstoneandfiber
    2 years ago

One option would be to paint the trim in the same color as the walls but in a different sheen. it will look close but will provide a little contrast.

kq346 thanked woodstoneandfiber
  • kq346
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I yave seen that done with off whites..do you think it would work with the natural tan?

• kq346
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The trim is Toque white...its an odd white. it has pink undertones. i was looking at a softer white...maybe alabaster?

• ShadyWillowFarm
    2 years ago

A rug under the table and brighter light bulbs will make a much bigger difference.

kq346 thanked ShadyWillowFarm
  • kq346
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Unfortunately i dont have room for a rug, i do plan on changing all our light bulbs

• mharris43
    2 years ago

I am considering natural tan and had my husband paint one wall ( I have sampled SW Cnvas ttan, Assesible beige, Assesible beige lighttened by 25 percent, Benjamin Moore Natural Linen, BM Manchester Tan, BM Pale Oak and many more). The picture is below. I

• mharris43
    2 years ago

I am considering natural tan and had my husband paint one wall ( I have sampled SW Cnvas ttan, Assesible beige, Assesible beige lighttened by 25 percent, Benjamin Moore Natural Linen, BM Manchester Tan, BM Pale Oak and many more). The picture is below. I

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    2 years ago

For trim I would go with Alabaster or Westhighland ( it is coordinating colors for Natural Tan)

• Cindy McKnight
    last year
    last modified: last year

I am using natural tan now i painted trim a Benjamin Moore color Monterey White it looks really good with it its not a bright white but not as dark an off white as the swatches appear We love it!

• HU-735076
    7 months ago

A modern solution would be to paint the trim the same Color as the walls but in a glossy finish , certainly no less than semi gloss . Also to give the dining room a little light and bright , would you consider changing out the dark artwork there and replace instead with either a grouping in light Mats and thin frames of lighter colored pieces or even black and white photographs ? Manchester tan by Benjamin moore is an excellent tan , but it does have a khaki look to it in late afternoon light so works best with rooms which get lots of natural light . If your room has a low ceiling keep the ceiling in a white or lighter shade even if you go with a dark tan on the walls . Also , the crown molding might be better in the semi gloss you put on the baseboard and not in the white paint of the ceiling . I would also consider a larger centre light in the living room , wrought iron would be nice .

• HU-735076
    7 months ago

This is not what you asked for but looking at the dining room area, you have the problem of the double French doors which are nice coming into that room . Would you consider creating an eating nook under the art wall with a built in bench against the wall in faux leather , a table and then maybe just two chairs facing the built in beach ? Sort of like a booth that you would see in a nicer restaurant. This would isolate the eating area from the doors a little and give you more room . I think your kitchen is lovely and I would paint the walls in about the same shade as the kitchen cupboards so that the room doesn’t look choppy . A nice creamy white rather than a tan. Then you can continue the black and white theme into the eating area with the black and white photograph art on the far wall and new over head lighting .