Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_747910993

Manila Oak vs Calypso Oak COREtec vinyl plank flooring

Megan Depew
2 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of either the Manila Oak or Calypso Oak in COREtec VPF actually installed? I keep going back and forth on if Manila is too warm and if Calypso is too “washed out”. Or if anyone found themself in the same boat and found the perfect alternative?!

Comments (3)

• pamela1154
    last year
    last modified: last year

I am having the same dilemna! We have to replace the flooring in our tiny vacation rental condo. I definitely want Coretec, but I'm having a hard time deciding between these two. I love the simplicity and elegance of the Calypso Oak, but worry that it will turn out too light. The Manila has such beautiful depth, but I'm afraid it might pull too much orange. All the photos of installed Calypso give the caveat that it is much lighter in reality. Too bad, because I love the way it looks in pics. I am also worried that Manila might be a bit busy. We bought our condo furnished and the sofa is staying. It is a queen sleeper, but it is patterned and in a darker color. Unfortunately I can't buy a box and try them both out since we have to have the installation done in a couple of weeks in between renters and we won't be there until the actual work begins. Also, the unit is pet friendly and I worry that paw prints might show up more easily in between housekeeping. Wish I could find something inbetween these two colors.

• maryroseallen
    last year

What did you all go with? @pamela1154

• Alicia Peters
    3 months ago

Hi there - we had Manila Oak installed and were between the Calypso, Cyril and Manila. We experienced the crackling issue that has been noted on this thread with the VV102 line and in the process of deciding what to do. I love the way the floors look but am now trying to find a floor that will look similar not in the VV102 line. Any recs would be so appreciated. Color wise in our space, the Manila sample stood out the most in our space. I want our home to feel warm and bright (south facing windows in our house) and we have a lot of warm toned wood furniture. Manila has warm tones with some neutral brown/grays. The Calypso and Cyril looked completely gray in our lighting and space. I have seen plenty of photos here that show the opposite for those two samples so just a strong recommendation to get large samples in our space to see. I would have likely gone with the Cyril option just based off of internet photos. And Calypso looked more rustic than I wanted in our space.