Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nymystery

Bain Ultra Amma tub -- size and neck rest?

G G
2 years ago

I am thinking of getting the Bain Ultra Amma bathtub. I havent been able to find one in my local stores so am kind of buying it "blind". without seeing it or sitting in it. We are renovating a modern beachfront condo in Florida and want it to look fresh but in my heart I am kind of a classic girl. A few questions:

1. It comes either with a raised heated neck rest or a flat deck top. The raised neck looks more comfortable but the flat deck might be comfortable enough and not as old fashioned. Any thoughts?

2. We have room for 72x42 two person tub but am not sure I will be swimming in it. (I am 5'4".) It comes with the armrests and double foot rests so might be ok?

3. Is oval drop in too old fashioned? I was thinking drop in with a marble/quartz surround so it would give me a spot to sit on and spin before getting in the tub (otherwise in a freestanding one, you have to climb in and out which seems hard as you get older?) And drop in vs undermount, since sometimes there is a hard edge on the undermount deck which can be rough on the neck?

Thank you! :-)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor