Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
makuo

What is solution to add IKEA kitchen corner base in 33”x33” space?

makuo
last year

IKEA only has 38”x38” base cabinet. see the pucture. what should I to replace the current cabin in that 33x33 area? I aslo feel it is a little bit wasting of spaces in sink area as IKEA dont have 27” base sink cabinet, does that mean I have to buy a 24” and add 3” filler ? any better solution?

Comments (5)

• denkyem
    last year

I'm having trouble understanding your drawing but Ikea does have this:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/sektion-base-corner-cabinet-frame-white-50265502/

That's a 47x26 corner cabinet that has a pullout lazy susan type thing.

Some people find they get more useable storage out of just voiding a corner.

24" would give you a pretty small sink! If you can I'd look at 30" sink bases.

• User
    last year

You use a better cabinet line, with more options. A 33x33 corner susan is a standard size in most basic stock level lines.

• artemis78
    last year
    last modified: last year

Having trouble reading this too, but if you want to use IKEA's line, it looks like you can go to a 30" sink cabinet (preferable to 27" anyway), then do the blind corner cabinet (which I personally prefer to the lazy susan) and have room for two 15" cabinets (or 12" and 18", or one 30"). An 18" works fine for a pullout (that's what we have for a double pullout with trash/recycling). You can use 15" for that too if it's a single can. Depending on what's on the other end of that end of the U, you could also possibly extend that for more counter/cabinetry space too.

• makuo
    Original Author
    last year

thanks but what kind of blind corner shoud I use?

• artemis78
    last year

IKEA's own version (https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/utrusta-corner-base-cab-pull-out-fitting-40265649/) is decent, but you can also just buy their cabinet box and install one of the fancier inserts in there too. We have the Magic Corner II, which is snazzy and has held up well but is pricey. (We thought it was worth it in a small kitchen, and it is well used.) At the time, the Lemans pullout was also popular, but there may well be other options now if you post for ideas. Basically anything that gives you better access to the back of the cabinet will be an improvement over just a shelf.