Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Do YOU have a favorite bowl for displaying fruit? Do tell.....

nicole___
last year
last modified: last year

I use BIG ceramic bowls for displaying fruit. Here's the one I'm currently using:

My GF has a collection of Nambe Copper Canyon. Here's hers':

What do YOU use? Or are you eyeing a beauty to buy in the future?

Comments (20)

• Lars
    last year

Here are a couple of bowls I use:

As you can see, I display papier-mâché fruit (which I bought in Mexico City) because if I put real fruit out, I get fruit flies, and they are hard to get rid of. We have them all year because we never have frost.

Here are some bowls that I never put anything in:

nicole___ thanked Lars
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

I use plain white platters mostly. Picture tomorrow. Kinda boring, but bowls get the fruit squished too much.

nicole___ thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Fori
    last year

I don't display fruit so much as corral it. I have a flattish fruit bowl--now that Zalco mentions it, it's not really BOWL shaped. Just an old pressed glass thing that doesn't match anything.

Sometimes I use a cardboard box.

nicole___ thanked Fori
  • Oakley
    last year

I have a lot of bowls but not for fruit. In the summer all fruit goes in the fridge except bananas and avocados. Cold fruit is the best to quench my thirst.

In winter I leave some of it out on the counter.

nicole___ thanked Oakley
  • Jilly
    last year

I love pretty bowls. Too much. :D

For bananas, either my old stone bowl or this very old woven piece. Remember basket wall displays in the ’70s? This was one of ours from then:

NOC broke this bowl the first time we ever let him in, we glued it back. It’s super heavy:

For avocados, we found this piece of vintage Mexican pottery, originally it would’ve been in a set of nesting bowls:

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • User
    last year

I have that Nambe Copper Canyon bowl, bought from the store on the square in Santa Fe, and that's what I use. I love it.

I'm also a sucker for bowls, and have entirely too many mixing bowls taking up valuable real estate in the cabinets. But I can't seem to turn loose of any of them.

nicole___ thanked User
  • Jilly
    last year

^^ Can confirm. Have seen collection (which is ongoing). 😁

(I’m jealous.)

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • Jilly
    last year

😍Sue’s bowls😍

• Jilly
    last year

That sounds slightly dirty.

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Here is my untilitarian solution. Ironically, the platter of peaches and nectarines are rock hard.

nicole___ thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • chinacatpeekin
    last year

I used to use the cabbage bowl, but recently switched to this basket. And now my apples and I are eagerly awaiting delivery of this Japanese turned wood footed bowl!

nicole___ thanked chinacatpeekin
  • just_terrilynn
    last year

We use a trifle bowl. Once in a while, when we decide to make a trifle, we look all over for the trife bowl haha. It’s always on the counter holding the bananas. Right now it’s in storage though.

nicole___ thanked just_terrilynn
  • eld6161
    last year

Very boring. I eat one apple almost everyday. I am not opposed to replacing it if something happens to come my way.

nicole___ thanked eld6161
  • Funkyart
    last year

My fruit bowl isn't out right now-- but like chinacatpeekin, I like my fruit in a black bowl. I have a semi-rustic black matte bowl similar to the one below but a little bigger.

Nothing fancy.. but I like how the matte black looks with limes, lemons, apples and oranges. I don't eat bananas.

nicole___ thanked Funkyart
  • cawaps
    last year

I don't really "display" fruit, but I have been known to ripen avocados, pears, or peaches on the counter. I have this bowl.

https://www.worldmarket.com/product/multicolor-enamel-wood-janice-serving-bowl.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

nicole___ thanked cawaps
  • Judi
    last year

The only fruit I keep on the counter are bananas, mangos, and peaches. Everything else goes in the fridge.

I occasionally use this hammered finish stainless steel bowl for avocados. It's from World Market.

nicole___ thanked Judi
  • Oakley
    last year

This is my favorite bowl. Picture from a few years ago.

nicole___ thanked Oakley
  • arcy_gw
    last year

Never a lack of bowls here.

nicole___ thanked arcy_gw
  • just_terrilynn
    last year

Where is that Arcy?