Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_271823512

Accent wall in living room

Imma S
last year

Has anyone done accent walls in the living rooms?
I am thinking to paint our living room with BM either White Dove or Simply White, then do an accent wall (the wall with the fireplace) in Clay Beige.
Has anyone ever done accent walls in living room? How did it turn out?
And which one do you think will pair better with Clay Beige: simply white or white dove?

Thank you

Comments (13)

• freedomplace1
    last year
    last modified: last year

Clay Beige is a favorite of mine. That’s a great color.

Sure, you can do a fireplace accent wall. You can go either way - with Simply White or White Dove for the rest of the room. White Dove has less yellow than Simply White, so could be a bit crisper and maybe a bit more “modern” against the Clay Beige. But it all just depends on the look you are going for and your current or intended furnishings, accessories, art, etc.

Do you have a pic of the room or at least a pic of the fireplace wall? What style and color are your furnishings?

Not just ”modern” style, per se, will work with a Clay Beige/White Dove combo; as you see in room directly below, with Clay Beige + White Dove on trim.

Below, another general, and I think fun, Clay Beige setup/view:

(I just hope the brick had already been previously painted !! :)

• jck910
    last year

I'm not fond of accent walls. It would help to see the room, post a picture. What else is going on in the room/

• arcy_gw
    last year

The are no longer in vogue. Their time has passed.

• freedomplace1
    last year
    last modified: last year

Accent walls are actually ”back” and can work particularly well for highlighting a specific architectural feature - such as on a fireplace wall: https://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/how-to-make-accent-walls-work

• ShadyWillowFarm
    last year

Pics of the whole space please. If you don’t say “accent wall” you won’t be scolded. So you want to make the fireplace more of a focal point by using a coordinating color on the wall? 🙂. Sounds lovely.

• Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
    last year

Pretty much have always had an accent wall and loved it!

Not sure clay beige is strong enough against dove though, would go for something more dramatic so it pops.

Agree, we need to see pictures though.

• katrina_ellen
    last year

I've done accent walls, I think a wall with a fireplace would be a good one for an accent wall but as previously said, I don't think there would be enough contrast between the accent wall and the others with the colors you have chosen. It may not be a "thing" in the U.S. but in the U.K. they embrace the accent wall, at least according to the design shows I have seen. But pictures are necessary to see the fireplace wall.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I need to see the space how can you expect help with no context. I have an accent wall in my LR but done to accent art.I however cannot imagine that beige as an accent color ever.

• Imma S
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you all! So here is what the room looks like but this photo was provided by previous owner. We will replace the green carpet with hard wood flooring and our sofa is beige.

We plan to paint the area next to the fireplace in clay beige. So it’s not a big area but we thought might be interesting to have a different color from the rest of the room.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    last year

You need to pick wall colors last. First get the flooring, furnishings, rugs, art and window treatments together. Much easier to find a wall color that complements your stuff due to the vast number of colors paint comes in.

• Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
    last year

Back in the 90's we lived in a super cute little carriage house behind a building on E 21st street in NYC, we did the "fireplace" accent wall in a deep brown hue, we loved it!

Feel free to chuckle, this is ages ago, lol!

• Imma S
    Original Author
    last year

It’s lovely Janie!

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    last year

For Artworks we've got plenty of wall art ideas to spark your creativity. To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

In Touch With Truth · More Info

Having So Much Inside · More Info

Believe In Your Dreams · More Info

Appriciate What You Have · More Info

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus