Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanoschmann

Window treatments. Chandelier is gold as depicted in second picture

Comments (13)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    last year

I think we need better pictures of the room. Turn your phone sideways when taking the pictures so we can see the windows. We know what the chandelier looks like

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year
    last modified: last year

I think the light and the table and the buffet are all from different looks so what style are you going for? The pics a re from Christmas please better ones from now no red balls for sure

• Jilly
    last year

Beautiful room.

Not sure what you’re asking — are you wanting new treatments on every window?

Do you need light control and/or privacy?

Are the current shades staying?

Susan Oschmann thanked Jilly
  • Susan Oschmann
    Original Author
    last year

The current shades on the door and smaller windows are paper/contractor windows window shades. Only temporary but i can’t make up my mind so fast fo rward 4 years still there. :)

• Jilly
    last year

Been there, done that! :)

But I actually like the thought of roller shades, especially old-school scalloped ones with pull strings:

There are lots of places that do custom ones and they can fit with lots of styles.

After that, you can see if you’d like to have curtains with them. Love the idea of real lace with your other elements. It’s becoming hip again. :)

Susan Oschmann thanked Jilly
  • PRO
    last year

Lace curtains , how old are you? I need more info maybe pics of the living room will guide me as to your style a bit better I do not agree that pull down shades with a scalloped edge work with all kinds of styles not at all. It also would be good to show us the windows in your space

• PRO
    last year

I have many style loves for my clients but I need to know what style this OP is going for and we are getting no help. Not sure who makes the decision about the featured post but this is one that makes no sense since it is neither helpful or on point.

• Jilly
    last year

I don’t know what makes a post featured. I think it’s just random.

Anyway, back to the windows … at least I made suggestions. They may help, they may not, but she has photos of the windows to go by. So what’s your suggestion besides the insults you threw my way?

• Maureen
    last year

I could see inside mounted roman blinds. If you purchase fabric (suggest linen) and have a seanstress sew them vs buying custom, you’ll save a lot of money. Note all the possible styles (I like the “relaxed” for your room).

Since you have gone 4 years without anything on the large and beautiful window, assume you don’t need privacy. I’d leave and if interested, suggest adding cushions.

Other alternative is to add the same treatment, but it will hide some of its lovely details.

• PRO
    last year

I am so wrong here I was confused over which space waas yours. I think nice drapes are always a choice for DR but you could also do a more soft roman shade in a great fabric .

• la_la Girl
    last year

I agree with Maureen something simple will soften the room - and inside mount so not to distract from the lovely trim.

FWIW we lived in an older house with big chunky trim years ago and put simple lace curtains in the windows - got them from a site called London Lace, we could wash them in cold delicate cycle so they always looked so fresh and the filtered light was lovely

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    last year

For the period that your room seems to belong to I would think pull-down shades are probably the most appropriate treatment