Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_26025651

Best quartz that looks like marble with White Dove cabinets

For years, I always thought I would install marble when I refinished our kitchen. Now that we are in the middle of a massive home remodel, I’ve learned that marble is not durable and a lot of upkeep, so unfortunately , I’ve made peace with quartz. New dilemma, I chose BM White Dove with a light gray glaze for the cabinets. Near white quartz, the cabinet looks dingy and yellow. My contractor needs me to make a countertop decision like yesterday. I’ve been searching and searching and clearly need direction.

Comments (8)

• Jenn Powers
    last year

Have you looked at Taj Mahal quartzite? Might be the prefect answer if you can find a creamy slab. More upkeep than quaryz.buy less than marble.

• artemis78
    last year

We used a counter for our bathroom sold as "Carrara white quartz" (no brand, unfortunately) that is against BM Swiss Coffee walls and trim, which is extremely close to White Dove. I wouldn't say it looks like marble, but it doesn't *not* look like marble--we have actual Carrara marble in close proximity and they are complementary color tones, though clearly not the same. I might look at some of the similar quartz colors (we saw a few from Caesarstone and Silestone, and I'm sure there are others). I think it works, given that we didn't want to use actual marble in that application.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last year
    last modified: last year

First, show the cabinet, second, what is the flooring? Are the cabinets installed? Why the glaze by the way?

At any rate......show what you have: ) and tell the contractor to keep his pants on. Why is this important selection, being re considered at this seemingly late date?

Marble IS durable, you've been walking on it for centuries.. As long as you can tolerate a bit of etching, which WILL happen. Which marble? Depends your cabs and floor. We're in a vacuum.

PS. TAJ MAHAL is near zero "upkeep"

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last year

Add to that, your contractor could not care LESS what you select and he ISN'T your designer either.

Show what you have, have done, have not yet done. In detail with pics.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last year

Can you change the order and nix the glaze? White Dove is a great color but you need to make sure you like it in your room with your light.

That being said, one of my favorite marble-look quartz is Caesarstone London Gray. Very subtle and no prominent fake veins. See if that would work.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last year
    last modified: last year

Fact is, the quartz folks have not caught up with a WARMING trend in all decor.

Watch for icy white/marble/gray vein looks to sail. Does that mean the real white/gray marble will follow? No.

But they are giraffes of a very different stripe. Emphasize very.

The quartz with the BOLD vein /painted on appearance? First to begin disappearing : ) Just saying.......

• PRO
    User
    last year

Daltile's One Quartz in Jasmine White might be subtle enough and warm enough to work here. White Dove is a great color! But it is decidedly in the warm white camp, not the cool white of most faux marbles. Do consider hiring a designer to help you mesh your project choices together.