Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

Prayers Requested for Two Week Old With RSV

Kswl
last year
last modified: last year

Our grandson Thomas finally succumbed and contracted RSV; he must have picked it up from his brother who was diagnosed last week. They separated the boys by a floor as soon as Andrew was diagnosed, but he must have transmitted it before showing symptoms. DD and SIL took the baby to the hospital this evening when he developed a fever of 100.2, as their pediatrician had told them when Andrew tested positive to watch the baby carefully and that 100.5 in an infant his age is an emergency. They decided not to wait when his breathing changed, and took him to Scottish Rite in Atlanta. He was admitted to the pediatric ICU on high flow oxygen and has an NG tube for feeding. They had trouble starting an IV which was difficult for his parents. SIL’s mother has been visiting a week and now has canceled her flight home tomorrow and will stay as long as necessary. She’s already been exposed to all their bugs and DH is too ill with the flu and shingles (as a result of the flu knocking out what was left of his immune system) to be re-exposed to any new germs Andrew might have.

This brings back bad memories, when DS2 was five months old he contracted RSV from his brother and sister and was very ill for several weeks. It left him with asthma and migraines and he was dependent on an inhaler until he was 13. Please send a prayer or good thought for healing out for our little guy. We are thankful his parents were so vigilant and that he is in the best place possible to get the care he needs!

Comments (71)

• jojoco
    last year

❤️❤️❤️Holding Thomas in my thoughts. Hugs.❤️❤️❤️

Kswl thanked jojoco
  • salonva
    last year

I'm so sorry to read this, but encouraged at least with your update. I hope Thomas continues to improve steadily. My thoughts and prayers are with Thomas and all the family.

Kswl thanked salonva
  • porkandham
    last year

I’m so sorry to hear about Thomas. Scottish Rite is such a great hospital; I know he’s getting the best care. Hoping he makes a quick and full recovery.

Kswl thanked porkandham
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

Oh Kswl, i am so sorry about this. Prayers for sweet Thomas and for your family. I know you are all sick with worry. I hope he improves quickly and stays strong and healthy.

Kswl thanked OutsidePlaying
  • DLM2000-GW
    last year

Oh Kswl my heart is aching for you and your family. Little Thomas is receiving the best care and I hope with all my might that he recovers with no issues. ❤

Kswl thanked DLM2000-GW
  • maddielee
    last year

This is scary. Trust that he is in the best place getting the care he needs. Prayers for complete healing being offered.

Kswl thanked maddielee
  • deegw
    last year

I had sincerely hoped that Thomas had dodged the illnesses going around your family. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery and peaceful hearts.

Kswl thanked deegw
  • Cran
    last year

Kswl sending healing thoughts to little Thomas and continued strenght to the whole family .

Kswl thanked Cran
  • maire_cate
    last year

Of course, sending prayers that Thomas has a quick and uneventful recovery. It's hard to imagine the stress and worry that all of you are experiencing, especially your Mother.

Kswl thanked maire_cate
  • graywings123
    last year

My heart aches for your family. Sending good thoughts for Thomas' recovery.

Kswl thanked graywings123
  • jb1586
    last year

I am so sorry for all that your family has been going through. Healing thoughts and prayers to your grandson.

Kswl thanked jb1586
  • eld6161
    last year

You will be in my thoughts through the duration. Hugs.

Kswl thanked eld6161
  • teeda
    last year

You have all my prayers, good throughs, positive vibes and energies--whatever is needed to help get little Thomas back to full health soon.

Kswl thanked teeda
  • localeater
    last year

Prayers for Thomas and all the children and families impacted by the virus.

Kswl thanked localeater
  • Springroz
    last year

Lots of prayers for your family!

Kswl thanked Springroz
  • OllieJane
    last year

A special prayer for quick recovery for little Thomas-and back home with his parents.

Kswl thanked OllieJane
  • Bunny
    last year

Prayers for Thomas and his family.

Kswl thanked Bunny
  • Irish2
    last year

Prayers for baby Thomas and ”all” family .

Kswl thanked Irish2
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

My thoughts are with your family. So glad to hear Thomas' prognosis is good.

Kswl thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • blfenton
    last year

What a worry! I hope little Thomas recovers quickly as do all the little children dealing with this illness. So many sick kids right now. My thoughts are with you all. ((((Thomas)))))

Kswl thanked blfenton
  • Tina Marie
    last year

Prayers for your grandson. I am so sorry they are having to deal with so much illness! Praying he recovers quickly. Keep us updated!

Kswl thanked Tina Marie
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    last year

Prayers sent for your family.

Kswl thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • Jilly
    last year

Oh, sheesh, I’m sorry to hear about your grandbabies, too! I hope for smooth recoveries and that they feel better soon. ❤️

Kswl thanked Jilly
  • beaglesdoitbetter
    last year

Prayers for your grandson. Must be so frightening, they seem so fragile at that age

Kswl thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • LynnNM
    last year

I’m also keeping your grandson in my prayers for quick healing and no residual complications, (((K)))

Kswl thanked LynnNM
  • Ally De
    last year

I am so sorry K - for you, for his parents, and most of all for that poor sweet baby.

It's going around. A 2 month old in my neighborhood was in NICU on a respirator last month. It was touch and go and his parents were beyond distraught. He is now home and is fine....

I fervently hope your sweet little one is home and fine very soon.

Kswl thanked Ally De
  • deegw
    last year

Oh sheesh, not you as well. I'm so sorry. Sending healing prayers to your sick grandbabies.

Kswl thanked deegw
  • Poil
    last year

Prayers, positive energy and hugs to your family 💜💫⭐️

Kswl thanked Poil
  • pricklypearcactus
    last year

I'm so sorry. It sounds like the parents were very vigilent and I'm so glad they were able to get Thomas to the hospital. RSV is so scary for young babies, but modern technology in the US (and other developed countries) can really do wonders. It sounds like they are taking very good care of him. My thoughts are with you and your family through this tough time.

Kswl thanked pricklypearcactus
  • dedtired
    last year

Sending strong healing thoughts to Thomas and Andrew. Thomas is so little but we often forget how sturdy they are at that age. I hope their recovery is swift and complete. Hugs tomall of you.

Kswl thanked dedtired
  • maddie260
    last year

My best thoughts for a quick turn around here. My granddaughter contacted RSV at six weeks in mid-September. They thought she caught it from her two year old brother? She was a preemie, but was doing well at home. She was also admitted to a PICU, on high flow o2, NG feeds, and antibiotics for possible sepsis. It did turn this awful RSV around and she went home after a very stressful week for everyone and is again thriving. I pray for a similar outcome for all of you.

Kswl thanked maddie260
  • orchidrain
    last year

So sorry to hear this, Kswl. Poor little guy...prayers being said for him and the whole family. Keep the faith and take care of yourselves.

Kswl thanked orchidrain
  • legomom23
    last year

Sending all the healing thoughts to Thomas. Very scary, but it sounds like he is in good hands and getting great care. Virtual hugs to his parents and family having to watch him be so sick.

Kswl thanked legomom23
  • happy2b…gw
    last year

I hope today brings only improvement. I texted a request for prayers for your family to my cousins chat group. Some of my cousins are very talented pray-ers.

Kswl thanked happy2b…gw
  • Bestyears
    last year

(((((hugs))))) So sorry you are all going through this. Our neighbor's little grandson was admitted to ICU on Monday, but released to general hospital care last night, so we are send healing thoughts for them -and for you....

Kswl thanked Bestyears
  • 3katz4me
    last year

So very sorry to hear this news - thoughts and prayers for your little one and your family. I can't imagine how hard it must be to see him in such distress. 😥

Kswl thanked 3katz4me
  • lascatx
    last year

Kswl, I'm so sorry your family is going through this at all, much less at the holidays. I know it is do difficult, especially to have an infant in the hospital, but he is in the best place, receiving the best care and his mom and doctor were alert and knew just what to do to get him there. I put trust in that and hope his recovery (and the family's) will be smooth and complete.

Kswl thanked lascatx
  • gigitn
    last year

Thanks Kswl, our little granddaughter pulled through just fine. Same scenario as baby Thomas, including the lumbar puncture. I think the lumbar puncture scarred my DS and DIL for for life. It was all very scary and my heart goes out to all of you.

Kswl thanked gigitn
  • Lyban zone 4
    last year

KSWL..I am so sorry your family is going through this scary time. i will keep Thomas in my prayers and also some for Andrew.

try to take care of yourself.

Kswl thanked Lyban zone 4
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

I will pray for Thomas and Andrew and all of their family. I am so sorry.

Kswl thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Arapaho-Rd
    last year

Kswl, I am so very sorry. Both Thomas and Andrew will be remembered in my prayers.

Kswl thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • Feathers11
    last year

Sending healing thoughts for Thomas and Andrew, and strength to your family and the health care providers.

Sheesh, wishing your grandsons recovery, too.

Kswl thanked Feathers11
  • jojoco
    last year

Kswl, when you have news to share would you mind posting it in a new thread? I can't be the only one hitting refresh, refresh, refresh.

Hoping Thomas (and Andrew) are doing better.

Kswl thanked jojoco
  • chinacatpeekin
    last year

Sending healing wishes to your grandsons, and strength and resilience to all your family.

Kswl thanked chinacatpeekin
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Wow - just seeing this now, and so sorry to see such worrisome news. Here's more wishes from me for a good recovery.

Coincidentally today, one of my coworkers told me she had RSV as a baby and almost didn't make it. She's in her early 20s, and deals with a compromised immune system now.

Kswl thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • petalique
    last year

I am also saddened to hear of this. I wish baby and family all the best. I will keep sweet thomas in my thoughts.

Kswl thanked petalique
  • nini804
    last year

I am so sorry to hear this. Many prayers that Thomas is better quickly and home with his family.🙏

Kswl thanked nini804
  • lizzie_grow
    last year

Many healing prayers for your new little grand baby Thomas & for peace & grace to his loving family. So glad you reached out, K.....

Kswl thanked lizzie_grow
  • jill302
    last year

You are all in my prayers. Hoping everyone is much better soon.

Kswl thanked jill302