Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn_maricic

certainteed castle stone siding? help cannot choose a color!

Gia Ramos
last year

Hi, has anyone used certainteed castle stone siding and shake on their home? I cannot find photos of this color. Here is our home we are building. Thank you!

Comments (6)

• PRO
    PPF.
    last year

Just a larger image.

• PRO
    PPF.
    last year
    last modified: last year

Where are you in the process? Already under construction?

Is this a custom home designed for you on a lot you own where you may change anything?

And a Google search will find plenty of images.

• Gia Ramos
    Original Author
    last year

We are waiting on permits to break ground. Yes it is a custom home on a lot where I can change anything.

I did a lot of google searches, Pinterest, instagram, Houzz etc. and it’s really hard to get images with that castlestone color to come up. Charcoal gray seems to be the big color with certainteed that I keep coming across.

• PRO
    PPF.
    last year

Nothing in here?

• PRO
    PPF.
    last year

Info on shutters

All these windows are the same width. Note the difference in the shape of the panes in the upper sash. Generally they look best square, or a rectangle that is taller than it is wide.

The window on the left looks compressed.

Note all the differences in how returns are handled. Suggest some continuity would be best.

• Gia Ramos
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you so much for taking the time to weigh in, I appreciate it!!

1. The google results you and I got aren’t really accurate. For example, one of those homes is espresso I believe but the article it links to mentions castle stone. Also there are quite a few builders and stone companies that use castle stone as their name so it gets mixed into the results. I was really hoping someone on here used on their own home or project so I could get an accurate photo.

2. I was not happy with the design company, I noticed that on the windows too. But I was hoping they just plugged something in there and then when I meet with the window people I can choose the real style.

3. For the returns, I’m wondering if it’s the same as the window situation, not a 100% realistic view. Thinking the custom builder must use his own style on the returns?

I’m a first timer here, I’ve never built a home so I’m not really sure of the entire process!

Thank you again!