Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zana_ridha

white walls dilemma

Zana Ridha
last year

I am planning on painting whisper, white verse flat on walls and flat on ceiling but want to compare it to another white color that is versatile. And color advice. Here is the a photo of the area.

Comments (7)

• DC Reno
    last year

I don’t know that color but we have SW Alabaster and I really like it. You can test different whites with the tool on the SW website using your own photos. I found that really helpful when deciding!

• Zana Ridha
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you that is a great advice 👍

• elcieg
    last year
    last modified: last year

Lots of windows but I don't see a lots of light...from what direction is it coming?

East light? B.M. Simply White. It stays true even after the sun has moved to south.

North light? B.M. Cotton Balls. It has enough yellow undertone to warm the room.

South light? B.M. Decorator's White. That is light which you have the longest and it will work with warm tones.

West light? B.M. Winter White (hands down). West light can be mean and hot and ruin a white.

Use the right white for the natural light. Don't try to match the floor.

• Zana Ridha
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you elcieg taking better photos. The light comes from west and north west. I think

• elcieg
    last year
    last modified: last year

Well make sure of the orientation of the house, then of the two pick the dominate light ...probably south. My suggestion for your all white interior is to use the same white, in different finishes. Walls eggshell, ceiling flat, trim senmi-gloss. I found two good photos for inspiration:

I think you can see how different finishes make a standout.

• Zana Ridha
    Original Author
    last year

That is nice. I did go with Dunn edwards whisper flat ceiling and versatile flat on walls, trims are all semi all same white I will share photo soon. But somehow I felt there is not transition 🤔
    So I’m still searching for the right color for the main living room above.

• Zana Ridha
    Original Author
    last year

Hi everyone, I have an update, we used alabaster in the bathrooms and it was fine but in the entrance and foyer and Living Room it was too much of a white. I am now leaning to classic gray from Benjamin Moore or something lighter (less grey) and creamier, but not yellow tones. I was advised to use shoji white by Sherwin-Williams have not tried that yet need some direction to choose a color for the walls and ceilings in Benjamin Moore.
    Currently my ceiling is Swiss coffee, I fell I should go a bit lighter 🤔

There are thr colors I was advices to use about to go check them. I really want white with a tint so it does not looks too strong on my walls. My flooring is crema marphil and my furniture will be off white and turquoise blue color.