webuser_595680368

HOUSE TOUR: Rose is on Tap in this Beautiful Atlanta Bungalow

Gizmo
11 months ago

love that lounge basement

Comments (10)

• roarah
    11 months ago

The basement is very nice the rest of the abode bored me.

• teeda
    11 months ago

"we named the bar after our dead french bulldog". Hmm. I might have phrased that a bit more sensitively.

I agree that the upstairs is not very interesting. Everything looks like it was bought together. I like a more collected look which usually heavy on the antique/vintage side.

• barncatz
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Yeah, she definitely has come to terms with Frenchie's loss. I thought there was a definite catalogue living vibe to the house but I enjoyed her narration. I found the basement oppressive, might have been the video lighting, but loved the banquette and tables.

• Kswl
    11 months ago

SueB needs to see this basement, it looks like the NOLA hotel she stayed in.

The homeowner has lots of interesting ideas, and I really like everything she did on the main level and in the guest bedroom upstairs. The palette is neutral and I prefer more color, but all the rooms looked well thought out and very liveable. Most of all I liked the homeowner herself; she is very much like a few of my friends and I found nothing braggy or obnoxious in her description of her home or her life. So many of the homeworthy hosts seem hell bent on trying to portray their homes and lives as perfection— which comes across to me as almost desperately aspirational, iykwim.

Thanks for this one, Gizmo!

• Feathers11
    11 months ago

I found her likable, too. (Loved her trousers.) Her style is definitely Ballard--that was my first impression before it was revealed she worked there. She had many interesting ideas, though. The framed silk scarf is beautiful, and the nightstand cutouts in the guest bedroom--I've not seen that before.

• Kswl
    11 months ago

She’s the president of the company, having started there twenty years ago as the art director.

• lisaam
    11 months ago

I did find her narration and straightforward demeanor the nicest of these that I’ve listened to. Even tho the Ballard stuff is recognizeable, and i was surprised that she displays Ballard art (Ikea art seems more endearing), I think she does add in enough individuality to pull it off.

There is lots of seating—- there seemed to be chairs popping up everywhere. I would stash away the 2 cube ottomans by the front door.

• Sueb20
    11 months ago

Ha! And the basement was inspired by a hotel!

• nicole___
    11 months ago

@ 16:05....LOVE LOVE LOVE that sputnik light fixture. Putting modern with traditional just wow's me. She was very enjoyable as a host. Animal prints are another wow! Lots of cool things...bug drawer pulls...scarabs. Oh my!

• jill302
    11 months ago

Like the house and the host. Colors are more neutral than I prefer but I could be comfortable there.