have a good one to share?

glenda_al
10 months ago

one of your recipes everyone likes

Homemade pimento cheese
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
1 4 oz jar pimentos
1 small can evaporated milk
1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise ( if you like it thinner, add 1/3 cup more) I like it thin.
Grate cheese and pimento in processor.
Combine with remaining ingredients.
Leave in mixing bowl, refrigerte for several hours or overnite.to thicken.
Makes almost a quart. Would make a quart if I didn't have to sample, before jarring.

Comments (8)

• chloebud
    10 months ago

As much as I cook, this simple dip always comes to mind as a favorite with everyone. The original recipe called for chopped clams, and I switched to the chiles long ago. The little Old English Cheese jars were only 59 cents when I started making this. Not anymore!

Chile-Cheese Dip

Can be served warm or at room temp.

12 oz. cream cheese, softened
    2 5-ounce jars Kraft Old English cheese spread
    1-2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained (to taste)
    3 or 4 chopped green onions (white part and some of green)

Combine cream cheese and Old English in small heat-proof dish (about 1 1/2 qts. is a good size). Melt in microwave and stir together until cheeses are well combined. Mix in chiles and onion; heat through again (20-30 seconds). Stir again and serve with tortilla chips. (If making ahead, cool, cover and chill. Bring to room temp before reheating.)

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    10 months ago

I've been making Bobby Flay's chunky guacamole the last few years. If you smooth the top of any leftovers flat in a bowl, put a layer of freshly squeezed lime juice on it then cover with lid or plastic wrap - the leftovers absolutely do not brown. You can either pour off the lime, or stir it in. If you've kept it, used it three or four consecutive days, I'd suggest pouring off the additional lime topping or it gets pretty tangy. Ask me how I know - DH doesn't eat guac ;)

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

3 tablespoons finely diced red onion

Few tablespoons canola oil, optional (I use Graza brand finish grade olive oil)

3 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and diced

Juice of 2 limes

1 or 2 jalapenos, finely diced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Mash the cilantro, onions, canola oil, if using, avocados, lime juice and jalapenos together in a bowl, using only a fork; guacamole should be chunky. Season with salt and pepper.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    10 months ago

yummy to the two shared MORE PLEASE

• Lola Bojackie
    10 months ago

I LOVE LOVE LOVE piminnacheez. :) I will try your recipe this weekend. :)

Here's my favorite for chicken tenderloins - better than frozen Tyson or whatever:

Chicken tenderloins

Bread crumbs of your choice

Fresh garlic - however many cloves you want

Salt/Pepper to taste

Whirrrrr the bread crumbs & garlic in a food processor

Flatten the chicken with a tenderizer or a big skillet

Coat the chicken with bread crumbs/garlic mix, then salt pepper. Smash the coating into the chicken with the big skillet

Fry in a skillet with oil or butter on medium-high heat 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked through. SO GOOD!

glenda_al thanked Lola Bojackie
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

https://www.servedfromscratch.com/mexican-street-corn-salad/#recipe

Mexican Street Corn Salad
    This Mexican Street Corn Salad turns the classic Mexican street food into a delicious and easy to make side dish!
    Course Side Dish
    Cuisine Mexican
    Diet Gluten Free, Vegetarian
    Prep Time 10 minutes minutes
    Cook Time 10 minutes minutes
    Total Time 20 minutes minutes
    Servings 8 people
    Calories 166kcal
    Author Tracy
    Ingredients

4 cups corn approximately 24 oz frozen
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 red bell pepper diced
    1 bunch fresh cilantro minced, a few leaves left for garnish.
    1 jalapeno diced
    1/2 large red onion diced
    2/3 cup cotija cheese shredded/crumbled

Dressing

3 tablespoons sour cream
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise
    4 tablespoons fresh lime juice approximately 2 limes
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon chili powder

Instructions

Heat olive oil in a saute pan on medium high and add corn. Cook until slightly charred, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add to large bowl and set aside.
    Add pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, and onion to large bowl with corn and mix well.
    In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and mix well until smooth.
    Add dressing to large bowl with corn and mix well. Add 1/2 cotija cheese and mix well.
    Add remaining cheese and some cilantro.
    Serve or cover and store in fridge for up to 8 hrs before serving.

Notes
    You can use fresh or frozen corn. Either will work for this dish. The most important piece is to be sure you add a little char to the corn from a nice pan fry. That'll add the necessary flavor to mimic the classic Street Corn.
    Adjust the heat by adding more chili powder or tamper it down by using less jalapeno.
    Make it cheesier by adding more cheese.
    Make it creamier by adding more mayo or less to make it less creamy.
    Nutrition
    Serving: 1g | Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 915IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg

glenda_al thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • chloebud
    10 months ago

Suggest trying this marinade for grilling. Got it years ago from a book I have called ”California Sizzles.” It was originally meant for lamb but also amazing on boneless chicken or pork tenderloin.

Dijon Mustard Marinade

2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 T. Dijon mustard
    1 T. soy sauce
    2 T. lemon juice
    1 tsp. dried rosemary or thyme or 1 T. fresh (also good with herbs de Provence)
    1/4 cup olive oil

Combine and pour over lamb, chicken or pork, covering completely. Cover and marinate in fridge for several hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Grill to desired doneness.

• maggie200
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

Nicole, you're a doll for sharing.