Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_189116729

Help with rock cladding and “balance” it asymmetric house

Steph H
10 months ago

Any advice on complete removal, leave as is, or level out the rock facade (see how its level on the right and then uneven elsewhere?)

also the house feels unbalanced from this front angle… any advice? thank you!

Comments (11)

• houssaon
    10 months ago

I like it. Quirky.

• mcpherson007
    10 months ago

Very Nice !

• Olychick
    10 months ago

I like it, too!

• Rachel Lee
    10 months ago

I hate it, but cost wise it’s probably easiest to just even it all out to the same level. I don’t think the front is unbalanced, it’s just the stone l

• roarah
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

It has a charming storybook cottage vibe. I like it but I own a storybook cottage so biased towards it. Adding taller foundation plants will improve the overall charm more than leveling the stones.

• tfitz1006
    10 months ago

I think it is charming. All you need is a landscape plan, even if you cannot install all of it right away. I'd also try to get a good outdoor lighting plan.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 months ago

It does look story book but I really dislike the piece on the right with the siding it does not belong and IMO the shutters are too hit and miss so I would remove them and work on the landscaping. To be honest without a close up of the "stone" it just looks like stucco to me.

• Susie .
    10 months ago

The rock doesn’t bother me. It feels unbalanced because the board and batten section is painted a slightly darker color and it draws your eye the right side. I actually like that color better than the rest, but repainting is a big deal. Overall, I really like your house. I think you can overcome the imbalance with landscaping.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    10 months ago

The rock base seems appropriate for the style of the home.

The landscaping could use a big boost

I have to say I don't think the blue on the shutters is the best selection. All the colors seem to fade into on another. Some contrast could be benificial.

• cat_ky
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

I dont mind the stone, absolutely do not like the board and batten. I would like to see that stuccoed like the rest of the house. Some new landscaping, and it will be a gorgeous house. Its not the stone that causes it to look off balance, its that board and batten. With new nicer landscaping, the stone, wont even show that its there.

• flopsycat1
    10 months ago

Simple changes will make a big difference. Paint the board and batten the same lighter color as the body of the house to make it stand out less. Great landscaping is your best friend, and the house will be gorgeous!