Software
Houzz Logo Print
mrsclark

Backsplash Question

3 years ago

Should I carry the brick up to the second shelf to mimic the stove area or leave as is?

Comments (20)

  • 3 years ago

    Leave it alone.

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    If you want to make people think that that whole wall is brick, then I would take it up to the ceilings ... but we don't know what is going on on the left side.

  • 3 years ago

    I’m not trying to make it look like the wall is actual brick. Here is the rest of the room. I excuse the mess while I work!

  • 3 years ago

    Here are the pics. Houzz is a pain on my phone!

  • 3 years ago

    I would absolutely bring it to the ceiling. It would look finshed and less choppy. I would also do it above the sink. Love it!


  • 3 years ago

    I would leave it as is. If you finish this wall up to the next shelf or up to the ceiling then the other part of the wall that has brick only partway up is going to look like a mistake. I think you are at a fine stopping point where you are now.

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    I think once I saw the sink wall is when I thought, oh yeah, that brick really needs to go to the ceiling.

    To be honest, it looks like you ran out of brick to finish the job. I assume your original plan was to go up to the second shelf to match the height above the sink?

    I am sorry, but where it stops above the sink with less then half left to go, and the picture hung on the brick, just looks unfinished to me. It is such a small amout of brick left on both areas to go, you might as well go for it. It will look so great!

    Either that or I would remove the brick above the sink so it ends in line with the bottom of the cabinets which will match the bottom of the first shelf. Center the framed picture between the brick and the sconce.

  • 3 years ago

    All the way to the ceiling.

  • 3 years ago

    I like your cabinets!

  • 3 years ago

    Usingbrick as the backsplash I think it WANTS to look like an old wall so for that reason I would take it up to the ceiling if possible. Otherwise I’d look for anothe consistent line.


  • 3 years ago

    I think the two areas need to match with brick height regardless which way you go. Looks wonky otherwise. Pretty painting looks hung too low.

  • 3 years ago

    Got it. Thanks all.

  • 3 years ago

    I’d take the brick all the way up on shelf and sink walls.

    Agree with jackowskib regarding the framed art. I would line the bottom of the frame with bottom of cabinets.

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    Here I mocked up the sink side for you. I love your kitchen btw!

    I have always loved a brick backsplash and you picked one with the perfect color. Also I have your same exact countertop egg storage! We have 15 hens. Whatever you decide, enjoy your new kitchen.


  • 3 years ago

    All the way up the wall. Looks great but needs to be “finished” there.

  • 3 years ago

    Thanks Rebucky. We only have 5 hens. Though only allowed 4. Oops. It’s plenty of eggs for the two of us.

  • 3 years ago

    Finished both above the sink and the shelves with brick. It looks unfinished the way it is

  • PRO
    3 years ago

    Yep once you selected brick you should have taken it to the ceiling.

    I also think that white washing the brick can only help its appearance. See image below.





  • 3 years ago

    At least to the next shelf (so it's evenish with sink area) or to the ceiling or take BOTH to the ceiling.


    You can also leave it because it actually already looks great.