Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Decor video Bingo, anyone?

mtnrdredux_gw
5 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

I do watch a lot of Homeworthy and Quintessence, but still, I see these things allllll the time. I don't own any of it. Must shop I suppose.

1. Le Creuset Dutch oven on the stove, clearly not in use and perhaps filled with potpourri?

2. Scalamandre tiger throw pillow. I see these so often I am beginning to think they are Homeworthy door prizes

3. Josh Young artwork. Have "only" seen this three times but it's so memorable

https://www.joshyoungdesignhouse.com/portrait-art

PS One thing I did realize, I only like gallery walls that create a linear block, like the one above. Back to the drawing board.

Comments (31)

• Fun2BHere
    5 months ago

Bingo!

Le Tigre pillow on my sofa

mtnrdredux_gw thanked Fun2BHere
  • Sueb20
    5 months ago

Bingo!

Not a dutch oven — smaller — I leave it out bc it’s cute. 😊

• Sueb20
    5 months ago

Not sure if this shows up on videos as much as it does on blogs, but can we add 15 cutting boards displayed on the counter? This isn’t as excessive as some.

mtnrdredux_gw thanked Sueb20
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Yeah Ok guilty on the cutting boards. 7 if you include both marble ones

• Feathers11
    5 months ago

This reminds me of below. I only have 4 on display, but could easily add more. I love cutting boards.

mtnrdredux_gw thanked Feathers11
  • Kswl
    5 months ago

I get remarks from my family about my cutting boards and I only have five. Now I think I need more 😎

mtnrdredux_gw thanked Kswl
  • Oakley
    5 months ago

We have this tall door in the lower kitchen cabinet that holds our cutting boards along with baking sheets, & pizza pans. I do have the biggie on the end of the counter top that no one uses, which holds canned dog food. Seriously, our canned dog food door which held milkbones and other doggie items was getting hard to bend down to get each morning.

• HU-163897337
    5 months ago

Heck, i dont watch decor shows, but you see alot of LaCreuset sitting out right here on this board. i do follow various bloggers who have the tiger pillows.

• nekotish
    5 months ago

I told my daughters that we would buy them each a La Crueset or Staub or... piece for Christmas this year. One daughter instantly picked out a gray braising pan. The other daughter wants a white dutch oven but is in a dither about how it will look after use. She flips between, "oh well, it is a cooking vessel after all" and "is it just going to look really gross after I use it?" I'm just waiting her out.

• Kswl
    5 months ago

Nekotish i have LeCreuset matte white dutch ovens in 3 and 5 quart sizes, a skillet and three sizes of their stoneware baking vessels with lids and they all look great. I would love a 3.5 qt braiser but I just don't need it☹️

I used to leave my biggest green LC dutch oven out all winter bc I used it so much there was no point putting it away. It’s either 7 or 8 qts and very heavy.

• Allison0704
    5 months ago

I've never understood why someone would leave the dutch oven out all the time, or is it just for photos.

Add to the Bingo cards a vintage copper English tea kettle.

• Ida Claire
    5 months ago

I had my LC Dutch oven out on the stove for a time after I initially got it, just because I think it's pretty and liked looking at it there. It proved to be impractical to keep it out, however, and now it lives in a lower cabinet with the other more pedestrian cookware. (I confess to also buying a LC enameled piece that I thought was so pretty, but have never once used. So there it too sits in that cabinet - mocking me.)

I'm all about the gallery walls, particularly when the linear block is achieved. I don't, however, find the Josh Young slash paintings appealing in the least.

• Kswl
    5 months ago

I just didn’t like lifting my heaviest one almost every day; it lived in a lower cabinet. Also I had a big stovetop and didn’t have to move it to make room when cooking anything else.

• rubyclaire
    5 months ago

LC dutch oven prefers to live on the stove. Check on a cutting board and an array of other cr*p. Double bingo??

ETA: What a situation I've got going on. Even the dreaded towel hanging on the oven door!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    5 months ago

I'm out. I have only 2 cutting boards out on the counter which are for practical purposes and one decorative one above the window. I don't have a LC, but a Lodge cast iron dutch oven that is stored in my pantry. Not the first, won't be the last, that I'm style-deaf.

And as far as animal decor, I only have the 2 sleeping on my sofa with me. ;)

• porkandham
    5 months ago

I’m guilty of having my 7.25 LC out on the stove. It’s heavy, and I use it all the time. It’s been there for probably 25 years. Maybe I was ahead of the curve?

• chinacatpeekin
    5 months ago

Guilty! I have a cast iron Dutch oven on my stove top (too heavy to move around much, and I like looking at it). I count 12 cutting boards, nine of them are wooden.

• palimpsest
    5 months ago

I think the tiger velvet pillow is in part because it's a neutral in design terms, and it is a kind of signifier that you have "good taste" with a bit of an edge, and a bit of a budget, without being ostentatious like the Hermes Avalon throw. Kind of like the home version of the Louis Vuitton tote.

Also I think part of it is from the whole Lee Radziwill/Carole Radziwill sofa on RHONY, she wasn't going to pay the $4000 a yard for the handwoven Old World Weavers silk to replace what was on there (Although the $800 a yard version should be within her reach), and now its covered in something boring.--but I think it raised interest in tiger velvets in general again.

• Sueb20
    5 months ago

Beautiful kitchens above!

We have a cabinet with vertical slots (behind doors) above the fridge, and that's where all the cutting boards, baking sheets, and platters/trays go. I mostly have those cutting boards made out of...what? some kind of particle board? which are not so pretty. I have a couple of pretty wood boards that I use for charcuterie, etc.

• Fun2BHere
    5 months ago

I can only speak for myself, but I found the Scalamandre tiger pillow when I was looking for a pillow to coordinate with my new green accent color scheme. Generally, I don’t like animal prints particularly, but the tiger print seemed to complement my eclectic mix of cottage and contemporary. Maybe that’s why @palimpsest calls it neutral. Only after I bought the pillow did I start to see how ubiquitous the pattern had become. I still like it, though.

• palimpsest
    5 months ago

I am not trying to say that everybody who has one of these pillows has it because it is sort of status symbol. But given that it is practically ubiquitous on certain types of design shows and blogs means that it is an "IT" pillow, which means that it has achieved some status.

• Judi
    5 months ago

Red tea kettle lives on the stovetop. John Boos board lives on the counter in my prep area. All other boards are in a narrow lower cabinet.

chinacatpeekin, love your O'Keefe & Merritt! I had one for 25 years until we remodeled the kitchen. Then I went with Wolf.

• Fun2BHere
    5 months ago

@palimpsest, I’m sure we will see a replica version of the tiger print at Target, etc. within a year or two. They tend to do an efficient job of replicating widely used design elements at affordable prices. It’s like that scene in The Devil Wore Prada where Meryl Streep talks about the genesis and evolution of the color and design of Andie’s blue sweater.

• petalique
    5 months ago

Mtn, what is in the black frame? Little dog heads? boat shells?

• petalique
    5 months ago

I thought that tiger pillow was someone’s stretch marks.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Petal, IDK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRq44GKyuU

China, I luv your kitchen! That stove. And dont be surprised if I steal your majollica utensil holder.

We have a cabinet with vertical slots (behind doors) above the fridge, and that's where all the cutting boards, baking sheets, and platters/trays go.

Isnt that hard to reach?

Ruby, I have an hotel silver pitcher I use the same way!

• colduphere
    5 months ago

Orange LC on my stovetop too! The usual reasons: It’s too heavy to lift in and out of a cupboard, my kitchen is small with limited storage space, I use it all the time. But mostly beause I love it.

• Sueb20
    5 months ago

Mtn, nope, not even for me.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    5 months ago

The latest Homeworthy, 54 seconds in!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    5 months ago

No entering the bingo game for me - I have none of those things - except cutting boards, but none are on display 😀

And I'm guessing the ubiquity of many of those elements is a.k.a. product placement/ native advertising. People who are influencers like that on social media get products from companies in exchange for featuring them prominently - an exchange that's as old as the hills now.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths