Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liam_coyle70

How would you design this floor plan?

Liam Coyle
3 months ago

Heyo, hope everyone is doing well!

I just moved and am unsure of exactly how to organize my roommate's and my furniture. The biggest question is how to best utilize our communal space for hosting large groups for dinner/movies/parties/etc. The current layout is pretty traditional but doesn't leave room for a dining area unless you just eat on the couches lol.

We also have an extra room that could be great for a cinema/study/workshop area with some nice seating although moving all of our couches there would then likely mean having our dining table front and center when you walk through the front door which doesn't seem very feng shui. However, making it into the dining room seems too far removed from the kitchen to make sense. Another option would be somehow storing the dining table in some way and then moving things around when we have people over for dinner/according to the event.

In short, using the rooms and furniture that you all see on the floor plan, what would you all do to best utilize the space? Any ideas/general feedback is more than welcome. Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance!!

*quick note about the floor plan mock-up, I couldn't fit all the major furniture to the side so you'll see some things in the bedroom but these are more than welcome to be moved around.

Corresponding photos are soon to follow in a comment although it's going to be a long one lol

Comments (3)