Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_751230613

White color for cabinets with ET Saturario counters

HU-751230613
last month

I picked Silestone Eternal Staturario counters from Silestone. I am having a hard time finding a white for my cabinets that go with it. The counter is a cool white with grayish blue veining. Do I pick a bright white or creamy/off-white? Any advice or anyone have this counter with white cabinets? Here is a pic of the slab. I need to pick my cabinet color asap. Help! Thanks!

Comments (7)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last month
    last modified: last month

The normal practice is pick your cabinet white, and then the top.

Your kitchen your lighting, your windows, will affect how ANY white looks in your YOUR kitchen. So too will the electricity you provide in that kitchen.

What are you doing? Painting existing cabinetry? Having new cabinetry built? What is your flooring, what does the kitchen look like now, or what is the plan?

You certainly do not want "off white" , but there are as many whites, as trees in the forest.

Get a hunk of sturdy poster board. Try a clean white like Ben Moore "Chantilly Lace" - take the sample to the slab and test and preferably outside in daylight, not the lighting in a stone shop.

But even then, none of us knows what Chantilly Lace will look like in YOUR kitchen, and what flooring is in there , either.

I see boxes in a warehouse........indicating a big box store. Who is the fabricator who will template your kitchen and install? Show what you're doing is the best advice I can give you.

HU-751230613 thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month

Ditto all backwards . You need a good KD they will help with all these choices and BTW maybe you should post your design here to get a bit of help if you do not have an actual KD the sales person at the big box store is not one BTW

HU-751230613 thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • HU-751230613
    Original Author
    last month

Hi. I purchased my slabs at Granite Expo and do have a good fabricator. I am painting existing cabinets. I decided to pick the counter first because there are so many paint colors but not so many counters I loved. Hope that makes sense. I have a south facing kitchen with lots of light. A lot of the paint samples I’ve done look too warm due to the natural light. Chantilly lace looks pretty neutral. Here’s a picture of my floors. I can’t change them right now as they run throughout the house. Ugh. I really am regretting not getting a KD at this point. Thank you so much for your replies!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last month

For the love of heaven, there's nothing wrong with the floors. Change them to WHAT?

Show the kitchen which is getting the new tops? Show the kitchen, all angles, in broad daylight , in pictures, where you are painting these cabinets?

Add it all below. Or go ahead and suffer "ugh"? : )

Honestly folks, we are not visionaries. If you want valuable feedback ? Be forthcoming with all that is pertinent to your question. Thank you! thank you thank you.

Show the area that surrounds the kitchen and get MORE brownie points.

HU-751230613 thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last month

You also might consider not painting the cabinets white. Use a contrasting color so that you don't need to worry about matching the whites. What about taupe, light green or blue?

A contrasting color will allow the counter top to stand out.

Kitchens · More Info

Charming Sea Captain's Home · More Info

Wayne Renovation · More Info

HU-751230613 thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • HU-751230613
    Original Author
    last month

Fair points Jan. I am not changing the pergo floors right now. Pics below of my kitchen in morning sun. The kitchen flows into a family room. I’ll post my design inspiration pics too. I’d like to keep the kitchen light and airy. I would like to break up the white by painting my island a navy blue (looking at Hale Navy). I am drawn to blues/greens and natural wood tones. Excuse the mess.

• HU-751230613
    Original Author
    last month

And here are pictures before doors and counters were taken off (taken at night). BTW all my appliances will be stainless steel when done.