Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Hosta coming to you soon.

So many of the forums on GardenWeb (I remember Spike) have died. I like it here on the hosta page. I wish to keep it going in the summer. Last summer we barely filled a page.

My idea is ........ drum roll here ......... That every other Monday I want to start a post of 'What are we up to this week or 2'. So, we can stay in touch, catch up or get a laugh. What do you think?

Comments (20)

• old_dirt 6a
    last month

I think it's a great ides Paula. I have three garden related forums on Houzz that I usually check whenever I get on my laptop. I don't always comment much until 'your' alphabet comes up but I'll throw my .02 in if I have anything to add.

• KW PNW Z8
    last month

Love your idea Paula! I think it will encourage some of us (me!) to take more pics of things “a la hosta” as we go through the summer. This means I’d have more to contribute to the winter alphabet posts. A win-win! Question - will you add a cartoon or two along the way?

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    last month
    last modified: last month

Yes, love the idea of you being here throughout the season and seeing what we all have to offer! It does get slow in summer.

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    last month

I think it's a great idea! Even in the heat of summer, I still try to get something done in the gardens. Deadheading, buying new plants, what birds or animals are around, the vegetable garden, my hostas burning up without the tree that gave them shade, etc. And whatever else people want to share! There's always something.

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    last month

I too noticed the lack of activity last summer……in fact I often felt that I was the only one posting. Maybe because I take a lot of pictures and always have a ba-zillion questions! 🤗

I love the idea of staying in touch!! BTY Liberty is usually my first pip too!

debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    last month

Sounds like a good idea Paula. i always check in here but dont always post.

Anne, your little comment touched my heart, so glad it helped you🥰

Sherry

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    last month

Sherry..thank you for your post 💕..it was very encouraging when people wanted to know if I was improving..those comments helped me more than you‘ll ever know..you touched my heart when you created the post 💕..

I’m excited for you that Charlie is coming!..

• undertheoaksgardener7b
    last month

Paula, what a great idea! I’m all for it! You know that my crazy garden is already pipping or leafing out. Unruly Child 2 days ago and Camellia Satsuma Kurenai yesterday. The azaleas will bloom soon, too.

• Beth - Michigan 6A
    last month

Great idea Paula. It would be good to see what each of us is doing during the summer.

• steve duggins
    last month

Love it, count me in.

• Tina, MICH
    last month

Sounds fun!!! liberty hosta has got to be my favorite!!!

• indianagardengirl
    last month

Im busy dragging pots in and out of the garage, sigh. Once I spotted them pipping I decided I had to put them in some sun so they didn’t etoliate. Now they are MUCH further along than i wanted. Ah well. These should all go in the ground this year.

The beer can in the pot with Viking Ship is just for size reference 😉 - that sucker is HUGE.

• undertheoaksgardener7b
    last month

Been there. Done that, IndianaGirl. This year, I decided to let them be. If they live, great. If not, so be it. I ran out of energy. I have about 150 hostas already pipped or leafed out. I am clenching my teeth until last frost date for my zone 4/9.

• lindalana 5b Chicago
    last month

Love the idea. I will def need to vent to keep my sanity intact.

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    last month

Utog, I hope you don’t lose any….. have such a great collection!

debra

• undertheoaksgardener7b
    last month

So far, so good.

• undertheoaksgardener7b
    27 days ago

Hostas are here! Jade Cascade, Coconut Custard, Robert Frost, and Honey Bells.

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    27 days ago

'Lemon Lime'

'Chinese Sunrise'

'Fire Island'

Iris tuberosa

Pieter

• old_dirt 6a
    26 days ago

Finally seeing some hostas breaking ground. I uncovered my pots today (hope it isn't too early) and several of them have shoots starting. Komodo Dragon below looks promising.