Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
222muchcoffee

Advice for decorating master bedroom. New colors and curtains help?

Coffee Dude
last month
last modified: last month

Continuing on the property I am updating the decor. The main theme is Boho / with some MCM mix. I will include some recent pics for the vibe. We haven't found the right art pieces - still hunting. The master bedroom is the next project. Considering painting an accent wall and removing the current stuff on walls. Looking at putting up a 4 x2' lighted branch over the bed. Colors considering for wall are Waterloo (a medium blue SW color) or Acacia Haze (a grayish Green - medium deep SW) - I am willing to change the curtains - thinking a mustard or a taupe? This is for our Airbnb in the neighborhood - a 1964 built 3-2 one story.

I hope sharing a link is okay here. Here are my pics.https://photos.app.goo.gl/GD9DH3khRukz2Vr27 Pics of Airbnb Master is Concern

The coffee table was just purchased. Actual hardwood - cedar I think. Will go in Living room.

Does Boho style work for a medium blue accent wall and mustard curtains?

Comments (14)

• Coffee Dude
    Original Author
    last month

I posted about nine days ago, and got no response. So, I thought I would just ask a slightly different post. When I ask a question, usually someone will ask what the rest of the house looks like - so that is why the repeat. Thanks for your valuable feedback!

• tracefloyd
    last month

Oops my bad. I responded to your other post as well.

• ilikefriday
    last month

Can you post the branch light you are thinking of? It isn't often that I see branches in bedrooms but I think it could be kind of cool. I follow someone in YT who hung branches from her ceiling and used them to drape fabric over her bed.

Do you have any inspirational photos? Can you post more photos of this room?

• cat_ky
    last month

I like the different colors and I think the blue would look nice in there. I do see a lot of mcm type stuff, but, I see nothing in your house that says boho. I am well aquainted with boho. Boho is bright colors, and mixed colors, and very very busy, and is a more cluttered type look. I happen to love it. But your house is definitely not boho in any way.

• Coffee Dude
    Original Author
    last month

Cat_ky most of my accessories are not installed. I'm adding some real plants as well. I do have another bedroom nearly done but hated to distract.

• Coffee Dude
    Original Author
    last month

I have someone working on an old dead branch with dim lights behind it

• Paul F.
    last month

How many bedrooms do you have that you would need that much living room seating? That is an awfully big sofa unless your camera is distorting things.

• Coffee Dude
    Original Author
    last month

I agree! The lady who was doing my decor searched for it - and that was a few years ago - i hate that is so damn big - i think I will go to a MCM auction in a few months and buy a new 1960's one.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    last month

This comment is not to be mean spirited but the thing that jumped out at me is the rug in what I presume is your living space. At first I thought someone had taken more of the flooring and just laid it on top of the floor. I then realized that it is a rug. Will suggest that you replace that rug with one that will contrast with the flooring instead of blending with it.

Coffee Dude thanked Norwood Architects
  • Coffee Dude
    Original Author
    last month

Funny - not offended I had that rug under dining table initially - I wonder if I should switch rugs in dining room?

• Coffee Dude
    Original Author
    last month

If you want to follow me and do the opposite of what I choose, you likely will have decor! : )

I have no creativeness with decor, and that 's why i like this site.

• cat_ky
    last month

I have to agree, the living room rug needs replacing. I cant see that rug in a dining room either, unfortunately. Its just not very user friendly type of rug.

• Paul F.
    last month