Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pzanin1

Paint Assist! Need to pick by tomorrow

L C Pazanin
last month

I’m stuck:( have a stone fireplace and OC-151 white BM trim with white oak flooring. I feel like I’m clashing already… now I have to pick the wall paint which opens to the kitchen. Room is east facing. I’m thinking I stay off white or something with like Dove wing. Counter top has some warmth. Thanks for your input!

Comments (17)

• Josephine
    last month

Do you want colors? I had a same dilemma when I built my house and I just went with same color, Benjamin Moore Winter White OC-21, for all the walls down stairs including built-in cabinets and simple white for the ceiling. I have white shaker cabinets, quarter sewn white oak flooring with natural water finish and open plan similar to yours. I initially had reservations going all white but I don't find it boring because I have many different variations of white depending on the surface and gloss level. Here is a photo of how it turned out.

Wellesley Green Home · More Info

• beesneeds
    last month

Cool earthy greens or breezy blues would be lovely. White on white on white can work, but sometimes does not depending on the whites and the lighting. Depending on what is warm in the future countertops, you could pull from that for some warmer neutral colors.

• kandrewspa
    last month

Dove Wing won't have much contrast with the trim, but it will probably look fine. I say probably because you didn't post a close up picture of your fireplace and you haven't done any sampling. You can always let them paint one coat of Dove Wing and stop them if it looks terrible, but that's not really a good plan. Since you're in a hurry you must have engaged a painting contractor. They have allotted a certain number of days for your job. They want to get done in the time allotted and move on to their next job. If you hate it and have them stop who knows when they would be able to come back. You should have at least bought a Samplize sample to look at next to the different surfaces the wall paint will be next to. Paint looks different under different lighting conditions and colors aren't perfectly replicated online, so it's impossible for anyone to tell you with absolute certainty what will look good. Larger painting contractors have their own color consultants to help homeowners choose colors. If yours has one and it's not too late to use their services, do so.

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks everyone! I’m ok with all whites so good to know it doesn’t have to be matchy matchy. Here is a better pic of the countertop

• Lyn Nielson
    last month

nothing will match and that's good. Whites... any whites always work.

Once you get the window coverings up, they will affect the tone as well.

Looks like a lovely space, a nice background for all the extras that will end up in the space, including direct sunlight and ambient lamp lighting. Congratulations!

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you Lyn!

• beesneeds
    last month

I dunno if any whites always work. We have had lots of threads around here where different whites for sure did not work and the kitchen owner was unhappy about it.

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    last month

beesneeds just picked up some samples and will check out the threads- thanks!

• Tracy Paquin
    last month

How about OC-52?

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    last month

I like it!

• houssaon
    last month
    last modified: last month

How about color? These are recommended by Benjamin Moore to go with your white. Since the room is east facing a warm tone will look good. I like gray with wood tones.

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    last month

Heading back to the paint store! Will take a look at the grey owl :)

I like sticking with the same white as well if I can’t make up my mind smh

• elcieg
    last month
    last modified: last month

With your choice of white trim, I'm going to suggest B.M. SILVER CHAIN. It will work with the fireplace and the floor.

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    22 days ago

Thank you!

• Boxerpal
    22 days ago

I think its great you are sticking with the same white. In the long run you will be happier and it will make it easier to choose the right color. I am loving Silver Chain. Something about my monitor is making that one look like the winner.

Enjoy seeing your choices come together

• L C Pazanin
    Original Author
    22 days ago

Yes painted the same and it looks great! Thank you Boxerpal!