Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Had lunch with Compumom and her DH today!

dedtired
last month

I bet a number of you remember Compumom from the Cooking Conversations days .We’ve stayed in touch through Facebook over the years. This was the first time we’ve met in person. She is delightful, lively and fun. She and her DH are a great couple.

They have a busy schedule while here in Philadelphia for an event but plan to meet up with Jojoco at Longwood on Sunday.

I hope she will join in the conversation here. She’s gone to a number of get togethers over the years.

Lars, were your ears burning? She was telling me about a really fun gtg at your place years ago.

Comments (7)

• sushipup2
    last month

OOOHH! We had dinner a couple of times when I lived in California. I've missed her! Hope she has a great trip, and give her my love.

dedtired thanked sushipup2
  • Kswl
    last month
    last modified: last month

How fun is that??? And how great it is to meet old friends for the first time!

There was recent talk of meeting in NH at an inn and taking a class at King Arthur but nothing’s been said lately. I am still planning to go sometime in 2024.

adding… would TOTALLY go to a gtg to meet Lars… hoping he would wear the zebra costume 😎

dedtired thanked Kswl
  • bbstx
    last month

A class at King Arthur sounds like great fun!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last month

How fun, Ded!

I'd be up for that in late Sept or Oct, but that schedule is not up yet.

The classes are held in Norwich, VT, a 2hr drive from Boston. (1.5 hr from Burlington. VT airport).

I am not sure if everyone who likes decor is also into baking, and it is a bit out of the way.

A few years ago we discussed Texas hill country for a GTG, IIRC.

PS also, Norwich is very close to Dartmouth so def avoid parents' weekend if we want to find lodging.

• foodonastump
    last month

Haven’t seen compumom here in a while, I think! Glad she's up and about! 😉

Just looking at the KA school, and gosh I wouldn't know where to start picking! Maybe I'll try an online class.

• Lars
    last month

It's been 12 years since Compumom came to my house for my birthday, but here is the cake that she brought:

There were several other people from the cooking forum who came that I have not seen since then, but we used to have regular outings to restaurants and food stores for cooking forum participants, and I liked that a lot.

I was very disappointed that you were out of town when I was in Philadelphia in 2019, as I really wanted to meet you, but then I was also unable to see a college friend who lived there. His excuse was that I did not notify him far enough in advance!

Here's a photo of Compumom and me in coordinating black & white tops

at a Cooking Forum meeting in April 2004 (20 years ago!) at Café Brasil on Venice Blvd, across the street from Culver Center in Culver City, and not far from where Compumom's husband's shop is, which I have visited when shopping for swords for a Halloween costume.

Kswl, I would love to meet you too, and I do still have my zebra hat (it is very practical to wear when cooking BBQ), but I sold my zebra outfit at a yard sale just before I moved from Venice to Westchester. It was the first thing to sell, and afterwards I felt that I should have asked more for it, since the buyer did not ask for a discount.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz