Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
graywings123

Best 4/1 pranks you saw

graywings123
28 days ago

I saw two good April Fools pranks, both on Facebook.

The admin for the Mid Century Modern Virginia Facebook group announced a name change to Live-Laugh-Love Virginia, with accompanying photos of appropriate wall decor.

And someone in a plant exchange group was asking for:

purple dead nettle,

wild violet,

american field pansy,

plantain, and

Speedwell

At least I think that was a joke. No one else has posted a laugh emoji response.

Comments (19)

• arkansas girl
    28 days ago
    last modified: 28 days ago

One of the youtube people that I subscribe to tricked us today! He had this video of how sad he was to tell us that he's sold out his youtube channel and will no longer be making youtube videos. He claimed to have been offered something he couldn't turn down for his channel blah blah blah. Then at the end he held up a piece of paper that said "APRIL FOOLS!!!" HAHA! It didn't even register that it was a joke until the end! A real stinker that guy is! HA! His channel is: OLD SCHOOL SOUL FOOD He makes some really yummy soul food kind of recipes.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    28 days ago
    last modified: 28 days ago

I had one go over well @ work today. I DIYed one of these with a plastic cup and some acrylic paint and discreetly left it on top of some important papers in the front office, and I wrote 'April Fools' on the underside so they'd see that when they picked it up. 😁

The person who found it liked it so much she put it on somebody else's desk.

• dedtired
    28 days ago

Jared Leto on Wheel of Fortune. I couldn’t figure out what was going on.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    28 days ago

The Real Slim Sherri on IG said she was going to stop using bad words😂😂😂

• DLM2000-GW
    28 days ago

Mothstories on Insta had a great one today - not necessarily 4/1 but a terrific prank.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5PDq9POOoy/

Spanish I love Sherri!

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    28 days ago

I attempted an April Fools joke today - at the Treasurer's office where I went to pay the second half of my real estate taxes which really isn't due until July but I have the money now. Anyway, after the lady finished all the paper work and took my check, I said, "April Fools!".

She asked, "What?" I repeated it, but then told her "Well I guess it isn't really very funny". But she seemed to suddenly "get it" and started to laugh and commented " the joke's on you if you drove all the way here for nothing". I guess you had to be there. ; )

• lascatx
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

I had an email from a company promoting their "gluten-free, keto friendly" stickers and another with a totally false political claim (trying way too hard and wasn't even beginning to be funny), but the best one was one my son shared with me -- TCU changing its mascot and no longer being the horned frogs.

• Fun2BHere
    27 days ago

@lascatx, thanks for the TCU link. Both my brother and I are alums, so I shared it with him to make his April 1 complete.

• lascatx
    27 days ago

I am also an alum - undergrad.

• Oakley
    27 days ago

It's 3am and I am waking up DH and dogs from laughing so hard!

If only The University of OK did the same video changing our two mascot's names, Boomer & Sooner" to something lame like The Squirrels we'd be on the national news. lol

Never heard of The Real Slim Sherri & this is the first one that popped up. I'm sending it to DH because he says the same thing all the time at the end of the video, he'll relate. New fan here.

It's age restricted and can only be watched on this YT link. What you like less and less as you get older

The Soprano's theme song for school is hilarious. It led to my favorite scene and song on The Sopranos.

It's also age restricted! Link to YT video

• Feathers11
    27 days ago

The NYT Connections threw me off a bit yesterday.

• Bunny
    27 days ago

My friend and I were totally annoyed with Connections yesterday, got through it though. Much later we were reminded what day it was. Got me.

• Feathers11
    27 days ago

Bunny, I kept searching for a way to change the settings. Until I figured out what day it was.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    27 days ago

Saw this one from the Grand Canyon's FB account...

• chinacatpeekin
    26 days ago

I saw on FB that Taylor Swift was going to do a cover of the Grateful Dead’s “Workingman’s Dead”…I actually got a little enthusiastic for a moment, until I remembered what day it was.

• jojoco
    26 days ago

I was at work and thought about faking an app that could identify flowers by fragrance i would call it the” Bouquet’s Bouquet.” But then I realized guests might not see the humor

• party_music50
    26 days ago

No pranks here, but I do keep finding hair in the sinks. :)