Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_963066015

Coffee table help.

Keith Fronczak
27 days ago
last modified: 26 days ago

I wanted to know what was the best way to decorate my coffee table, what kind of items would you suggest? I appreciate any ideas

Comments (11)

• chispa
    27 days ago

Can't go wrong with a nice orchid arrangement! I buy them at Lowes or make up my own depending on how long each plant lasts.

Keith Fronczak thanked chispa
  • Elaine Doremus
    26 days ago

One of the theories for this is to bring together the three items into a cohesive unit together, instead of them being separated like they are now.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    26 days ago

You have no relationship going there in any of the items, the plant seems to be barely surviving

Put the twine balls in a heavier /non glass bowl

Lose the plant to a place with more light - a kitchen windowsill

Out with the pedestal blue ( brain cramp /name!!)

More like below..... : )

Add a larger rug to the list..?

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    26 days ago

Think layers. Stacked coffee table books, a tray with an object grouping, etc.

• HU-187528210
    26 days ago

That Wedgwood piece is amazing!!! Oh my goodness my heart is singing. I love it.
    BUT — it does not belong there 🤩😬

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    26 days ago

Wedgewood! thank u lol....omg...my brain

somewhere else, not the coffee table:)

• Maureen
    26 days ago

Given tastes can vary by so much, don’t want to suggest specific items…the main goal is anchoring and using pieces you love. I like to experiment witn different items until I’m liking the feel. Some people use a grouping of 3, scale, tray, height variations and different textures.

The items below all work well together and it feels more interesting with height. Buy a bunch of items you love and test them together (and return what didn’t work). If you need help, there are endless articles on this subject.

Keith Fronczak thanked Maureen
  • apple_pie_order
    26 days ago

A basket of dog toys and the tv remote control. There are enough decorative items elsewhere that show well.

Keith Fronczak thanked apple_pie_order
  • Boxerpal
    26 days ago

I love your space. It's beautiful! I love the dark painted built in with the white accent pieces. The little blue item while sweet doesn't fit well. I would also take the planter away and maybe use large coffee table books.

Less is more.

Coffee Table Plus - A solid walnut modern coffee table · More Info

Keith Fronczak thanked Boxerpal
  • KW PNW Z8
    26 days ago

I agree with @Boxerpal - love your space - your furniture pieces seem MCM era to me. I like the touches of yellow / gold / white throughout. Does that vintage pattern chevron afghan live on sofa? Yes, please! Love the circle lamp on console table. I agree the small Wedgewood pedestal dish doesn’t fit coffee table & the planter too. I mentally rearranged some pieces - more than what you asked I know but I do it in my own home a lot. It gives me a fresh perspective on my treasures. The 2 pretty white vases on console table - vintage I think. They would look great on console in dining area & show up much better - one on each end framing the art. There’s too much going on behind the sofa with them & lamp & also with the lovely collection in the china cabinet. Removing the vases makes items in cabinet grab the eye instead of stopping at the 2 tall vases which show up better on their own & with a wall behind them & the overhead lighting you have. On coffee table, leave the tray & place the gold ”balloon” dog that’s on TV console in the tray with the coasters & TV remote & something else that fits with dog figurine. The horse on dining console would be great on TV console against its black color & it would show up more too. I thought the balls of twine in covered jar would be great as centerpiece on dining table. The texture & colors would be nice with those great chairs.

Keith Fronczak thanked KW PNW Z8