Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
odalys_abousaoui

Advice on trim color and garage door

Odalys Abousaoui
26 days ago
last modified: 14 days ago

I recently purchased this house and although I love the color green in general, I am not sure I want to keep it for my house. I wanted to also replace the old garage door to better compliment the brick of the house (I will be getting the brick cleaned). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (7)

• apple_pie_order
    26 days ago

A combination gray and brown roof would look better than plain gray. "Weathered Wood" is a very popular choice that goes with many houses' brick and siding colors. Choose a fascia board paint that's gray-brown to blend with the roof or a color that blends with the powerwashed bricks. Test ochre (reddish brown) and chocolate brown for other trim.

• Odalys Abousaoui
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Thank you for your response. The seller is actually installing the roof so I dont get to pick the exact color. I just know that it will be a light to medium gray color.

• rnonwheels
    26 days ago

a bronze almost silvery black would be a good trim color.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    26 days ago

YOU do not powerwash brick with any real POWER. The trim looks like it might be the eavestrough which IMO needs to match the roof and disappear and I guess you will need to wait until you see the new roof since they are not sharing even a sample . Ithnk you should have negotiated at least a look at the sample . If that is just trim how is the water being controlled

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    26 days ago
    last modified: 26 days ago

Too bad you can’t pick the roof color. Gray is a poor choice with your creamy brick.

But if it HAS to be gray, a deep dark gray (almost black) would be much better than a pale gray.

• PRO
    lisedv
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

I suggest you start with replacing the roof then match the paint colour and test before proceeding. I suggest a darker roof than the pale grey which is being considered for contrast with the beige bricks. Your windows look dark but hard to tell the colour, I would paint them black. The house doesn't have any architectural elements so improving the landscaping and creating a nice entrance way will contribute to a new fresh modern look. Install large black sconces and street numbers.

• cat_ky
    24 days ago

I would ask to pick the roof color. A light to medium gray is not a good color for the roof. A brown roof would go much nicer with your brick. Make sure you get someone to power wash the brick, that actually knows how to do brick, so it doesnt get damaged. Nice house.