Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_113178113

major design and paint dilemmas

Suz Rx
25 days ago

We are having major design and paint dilemmas with our outdoor remodel.

1. We need to find a paint color that will look good with our red Spanish tile and a brown door.

2. We will be painting the garage and also need to pick a color that works with the front door and paint color.

3. Trying to decide if we should have molding around the windows or shutters?

4. We are also thinking to add some rocks around the garage door to cover the red brick and surrounding the garage doors

Any advice or picture rendering would be so so helpful!

Comments (7)

• housegal200
    25 days ago

Cream. It also goes with driveway.

Modern Spanish Remodel West Hollywood · More Info

Traditional Home West U Home with a Modern Twist · More Info

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    25 days ago

• PRO
    lisedv
    24 days ago
    last modified: 24 days ago

Here's a visual of my suggestions, a warm white for the stucco such as one similar to these which you'll need to test.

Large numbers, sconces, and pendant light. Shutters on the upper windows above the garage. I show the stone you mentioned to cover the bricks.

Improving the landscaping will contribute give a more finished look including higher planting along the walkway. You mentioned a wood door which is not in your pictures so I show all doors in wood.

• Lyn Nielson
    24 days ago

I would not include shutters, or mouldings. Paint everything, including the garage door the same unifying color. I would use SW Polished Mahagony for the house and a pretty blue for the door. or even Urbane Bronze with Rain front entry door.

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    23 days ago

How funny, I used to live in this exact model house. We eventually painted it a creamy white. Your neighbors may hate you if the white is too bright. We did the cream garage door, too. We had no trim on windows and painted the front door a dark brown. This was a common scheme in the neighborhood of similar homes. Those who painted the garage door brown (or other dark color) didn’t account for the fast fading in the So Cal sun. Good luck and you brought back some memories.

• PRO
    Runa Design Co.
    23 days ago

I'm agreeing with alot of people here that a nice cream color would work well and I might suggest exploring lime washing the brick to neutralize it and maybe seeing if you can't fit a trellis over the driveway and get some vegetation around those open areas. Having fun with lighting fixtures would also be a sure fir way to spruce things up a bit. Good luck!

• btydrvn
    23 days ago

Over the years I have never heard many people say that they were happy they painted their old garage doors..mostly upgrading…replacing…adding a little more style…seemed to be more rewarding..on the most modest to the most elegant homes