Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilceeja

What color to paint window box?

lilceeja
24 days ago

Putting my house up to sell in a few weeks and trying to get the house in order. just had some beautiful plants put in my front window planter but realized planter is all rusted. Thinking of spray painting it. what do you think? and what color would you suggest? i was thinking either white, black or navy?

Comments (21)

• KW PNW Z8
    24 days ago

Crisp white

lilceeja thanked KW PNW Z8
  • chloebud
    24 days ago

^Agree.

lilceeja thanked chloebud
  • cat_ky
    24 days ago

also agree.

lilceeja thanked cat_ky
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    23 days ago
    last modified: 23 days ago

White....... as the windows . Rustoleum.

lilceeja thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
  • arcy_gw
    23 days ago

Not so sure CRISP white will blend with the white of the windows. It will GLOW in comparison....

• KW PNW Z8
    23 days ago

Actually, Jilly’s mockup looks pretty nice. The black ties in nicely with the iron porch railing. I’m changing my vote to black!

ETA - that mailbox might use a freshen up too. Black?

• Anna Devane
    23 days ago

Why not match the door?

• Jilly
    23 days ago

KW, it’s a picture of someone else’s house … I thought, wow, looks so similar to the OP’s! :)

• lilceeja
    Original Author
    23 days ago

I just did white may need another coat what do you think? hmm mailbox may need too but will think about it

• KW PNW Z8
    23 days ago

Well that white looks pretty good too & great that you painted the box holder. What about doing the mailbox white too & then painting some kind of embellishment on the flat face of it? Easy to do with a small inexpensive stencil. Entry is first impression & anything added to make a welcoming & cheerful entry is good.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    23 days ago

• ptreckel
    22 days ago

Can you center the box directly under the window? Or does it interfere with stair access? It might be just me but I am bothered by its lack of symmetry. Yes to painting your mailbox black too.

• lilceeja
    Original Author
    22 days ago

Wow good eye. in my 9 years living here i never noticed that lol. i painted the window box white so should i do the mailbox white as well?

• k8cd
    22 days ago

I like black. But if you are sticking with white, it definitely needs another coat or 2. Paint the mailbox the same color.

• KW PNW Z8
    22 days ago

I see what @k8cd means about another coat on planter box - looks like it would make it last longer. Probably hard to paint with the plants in it if you’re using spray Rustoleum. I think mail box could use a spruce up as I suggested earlier but it really needs some decorative detail on front of it.

• lilceeja
    Original Author
    22 days ago

Ok will try another coat. Problem was the box wasnt smooth with rust on it. could check with my handyman. im not very handy so this was quick and easy job . and yes i kept flowers in as the box was too big to take out on my own . tried covering as best as i could.

still considering the mailbox as well!

• lilceeja
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Did another coat! liking it more now!

• KW PNW Z8
    21 days ago

Looks great & can see the improvement. Still thinking about mail box? 😁

• lilceeja
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Going to check with my realtor what she thinks. it would be quick and easy though.