Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiehl44

layout for mudroom?

kiehl44
20 days ago

Needing some help! So we planned a decently large mudroom area in our house we are planning to build. I love the size especially after living in a house with absolutely NO drop zone area whatsoever with four children. However I’m struggling with what to put as far as storage in this space. Right now as I have it planned we have 5 open cubby slots (one for each kid and one for the hubby and I) on one side and on the other side just a countertop with cabinets/drawers underneath. I’m loving it as I plan on putting a calendar or peg board above the countertop side to keep dates/important papers on. However I’m wondering if maybe I’m making a mistake by not putting any sort of “closet space” or closed cabinet in this area. Also I have really been debating on adding a “shoe wall” section. We all remove our shoes when we come in (even the kiddos) and as of right now the plan is just for each person to go underneath their cubby space. But I’m wondering if a floor to ceiling designated “shoe wall” section might be smarter. As of right now we accumulate a lot of shoes at the door with each person having roughly 3-4 pairs at the door that’s 18-24 pairs in our mudroom at any given time. Thanks for any input :)

Comment (1)