Current family room

Comments (11)

• hls0827
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I want to change the color and window treatments
  • Meghan
    10 years ago
    Is this your furniture or the previous owners?
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    I like sectional idea. If TV is not going over Firepl. I would put TV on big wall where TV is angled. Do not angle furn. Never looks right. You have more than enough room on that large wall. With a Sectional you can enjoy both, TV and Firepl.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    When painting make sure you do all rooms the same.
  • hls0827
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Nothing in this room is ours everything is going. What color suggestions. We love warm colors but dont wantto go to dark since this color will be in the 2 story family room
  • nwduck
    10 years ago
    I don't mind the color that is on the lighter wall, if it goes with what you have in mind. In repainting the darker walls, I would paint out the white high window ledges the same wall color so they rather disappear. No window treatments, nothing on window ledges. Move the TV orientation to the long wall on the left, and put on a swivel mount on a cabinet for ease of viewing if you need to. I'm not a big sectional fan, but that might be right for your family...I'm more of a couch/moveable chairs person for entertaining flexibility. Roman shades on the bottom windows, maybe coordinating stationary drape panels on the each side of the slider. A large, colorful art piece over the fireplace. Congratulations on your new house! It looks like it will be beautiful!
  • themoxie
    10 years ago
    A warm sage would look lovely. Team it with white trim and simple roman blinds. Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea.

[houzz=
    Oakland Hills Mansion · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Contemporary Living Room · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Foyer Entry · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Global Living / Bluefish Home - Showroom · More Info
    ]
  • Lynnie
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I agree with changing out the color. I would go with a Mocha brown. One wall slightly darker than the other; like Vesppar's Mocha Syrup 3002-98 and Cincinnatian Hotel Carl Tan 3002-9C. I would use faux wood blinds 2-1/2" a medium wood shade. Nice sheers on top either towards the green side, or Aqua-blue side depending on what colors you want to bring in.

Get a great looking couch in an off white color and tie it into your colors using a variety of 'small' throw pillows. Get a nice rug with all the colors in a geometric pattern. Go all out and get a very nice Light Fixture to complete the whole room. Browse here: http://www.lampsplus.com/chandeliers/
  • PRO
    CertaPro Painters of North San Diego
    10 years ago
    This is a complicated room that you can do some amazing things with a few, well organized color accents. The wall colors, mantle trim, and window trims are what will make this room. The cut lines and overall flow of your color choices are the most important aspects of a room like this, (from what I have seen). A color consultant/interior decorator would be a great help in those unique cut lines and overall flow of that room. Then we would paint it for you:)
  • annamolony
    10 years ago
    White is beautiful then add your favourite colour with art.