Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yakunoemi

1 room apartment: sleeping couch dilemma...

yakunoemi
10 years ago
Dear fellow houzzers
I'm new here and i hope you can help me with my dilemma in my future 1 room flat. As I prefer a (good!) sleeping couch to a bed in my apartment, Im indecisive what color & material to choose.
The room is small and has this relatively dark wooden floor, so it would be best to add a light coloured couch. So I' hoping that you share your experiences with me and help me decide what material and colour fits best in the color sheme available! Nothe: im planning to put a black and white carpet under the couch. The following points are central for my decision:

-All my other furniture in the room is white so far
-I prefer light to dark (especially in a small room)
-I'm a rather clumsy person...and I have a lot of blue jeans!
-I prefer fabric to sit on, but I know leather is more resistant to stains.
-As a sleeping couch has to be rather stable and not moving around with any movement, there are almost no options for high feet on the couch.(there goes one option to add some air to the room) Almost all sleeping couches are rather clunky...
-The sofa will be used and I dont want to spend all my free time to treat the couch with expensive care products...washing some plaids and quilts is ok, though!

I'm torn between either a chocolate or white leather couch, or a fabric one in a bright colour (pink? But will i be fed up with the colour soon?) or a light grey. Additionally, with a fabric couch it is impossible (so far) to find one with a loose cover that I could wash (the selection of high quality sleeping couches I've got available are all with fixed cloth).

I know I got a lot of expectations, but I basically just don't know what colour to choose with that floor and room size...and I would be so glad for any hint that easens my decision! Thank you so much for your support and keep up the wonderful designing ideas!

Lots of love,

Noemi

PS the furniture in the photos are still from the current tenant. I dont have any photos of the empty room, im sorry for that.

Comments (8)